Essex Fetch Summer Mile

17 watchers
Aug 2012
10:42am, 6 Aug 2012
61,877 posts
  •  
GregP
As my disingenuous and ancient friend says, the shelter afforded by the Cambridge track is deplorable.

September 8 is also the FoEC bike rally.

We have an Essex Mile, after a fashion, on Thursday 06.09 I believe?
Aug 2012
6:48pm, 6 Aug 2012
22,014 posts
  •  
Nellers
We may well do, Mr P, but I'm now thinking that I might be non-running RD on the 6th and drive up to Cambridge on the Saturday to run round in circles in the rain.
Aug 2012
6:57pm, 6 Aug 2012
14,961 posts
  •  
Ultra Kanga Kazzaaaaah!!
As I recall the venue for the 6th is somewhere in deepest darkest Essex and too far away. Will be Paralympicing on the 8th - so that's me out
Aug 2012
10:54am, 7 Aug 2012
4,919 posts
  •  
GlennR
I've pushed the Cambridge guys for a track version, since I refuse to count point to point for PB purposes.
Sep 2012
11:30am, 5 Sep 2012
5,223 posts
  •  
GlennR
Details for the Cambridge mile coming up this Saturday (8th) if anyone fancies a workout that is: a) in the civilised world; and b) offers shelter from the inevitable hail. Nellers is already signed up.

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=51389

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewracedetails.php?id=74564

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by SouthendAl
I never seem to be able to make the Fetch Miles, too far, wrong date, day before a target race, etc.

So I'd better organise my own!

General idea at the moment is a mile, plus extras, sometime in the summer (June or July?), in Southend at Garons Park.

Who's up for it, any particular dates to avoid? Join the group and let's race!