Run The Sum

50 watchers
May 2022
1:54pm, 23 May 2022
2,803 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
LazyDaisy - I may be misreading that but please don't be putting yourself down. You can't do anything about what anybody else does so it's not helpful to measure yourself against them - it may 'seem' harder to you than you perceive it may be to others but that just makes the achievement greater when you succeed
May 2022
2:27pm, 23 May 2022
239 posts
  •  
Tikka
LD - if you can run a HM on tap, you are NOT the weakest link on this or any other thread.

I’ve done RtS several times. This month I’m half in, half out - as in, when idly messing around on the site yesterday I noticed that, without consciously trying to, I’ve run the required daily mileage thus far. But I’m not going to start checking how far I need to run every day until the end of the month, so there’s every chance that by the 31st I’ll be out. 😀
May 2022
4:03pm, 23 May 2022
61,976 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Run the sum is done any way you wish LD. I’m hoping to do it next month and it will be the bare minimum when I can. I just need to build up the fitness again.

You are doing wonders
May 2022
4:07pm, 23 May 2022
35,858 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Thanks all of you. I *am* finding it a challenge this month, but then that's the point I suppose - if it was easy it wouldn't be a challenge :-)
May 2022
8:39am, 30 May 2022
802 posts
  •  
Jenni-far-far
nearly there :)
Jun 2022
1:12pm, 1 Jun 2022
803 posts
  •  
Jenni-far-far
LazyDaisy did you complete? when I looked you had still to upload the 31st but its rolled over now
Jun 2022
1:15pm, 1 Jun 2022
35,940 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
No Jenni, I tested positive for covid on Monday (after I'd done that day's 3km) and just didn't feel well enough to do the 4km yesterday! Bad timing, but there'll be other months. If I'd chosen April instead of May I'd have been ok ;-)
Nov 2022
2:12pm, 7 Nov 2022
3 posts
  •  
ptr_rnr
So i'm new to this game and have had a nosey through this thread, but I can't for the life of me work out how the positions work.

I find myself in position 2, but cannot fathom why I would be higher than, for example craig6p, who has run 4x my distance. Can anyone shed any light on it for me please?
Nov 2022
2:34pm, 7 Nov 2022
2,944 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Alongside every name in the list there is an indication of how far they have run this month - you may need to turn your phone on its side to see this. If you view all the entries with the same score, you'll see they are ranked in ascending order of distance - in simple terms, the fewer km you run in order to achieve the score on a given day the more 'efficient' you are deemed to have been. Efficiency is considered to be good.

It's one of those unusual situations in running whereby less is better :)
Nov 2022
7:40pm, 7 Nov 2022
4 posts
  •  
ptr_rnr
Riiiiight, thanks Andy, that makes sense.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
1) Add the digits of the date together e.g 18th = 1+8 = 9km, 20th = 2+0 = 2km.

2) Run that distance on the relevant date to colour it in.

3) Complete the whole month to get a badge.

fetcheveryone.com/runthesum