Rebel Scum

27 watchers
Jan 2016
5:21pm, 4 Jan 2016
16,838 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I think if they'd waited until all the baddies were beaten before unmasking him, it would fuel the 'just like the other movies' campaign. We've seen the goodies grow up, styling themselves on good Jedi, and now we've got a young chap who's trying to style himself on Darth Vader. Did everyone notice that his mask looked a bit home-made? (Little dents on it). And he's struggling to control his temper. An unfinished product - and an exciting prospect.
Jan 2016
5:22pm, 4 Jan 2016
19,643 posts
  •  
sioux
I'm going for my 2nd viewing tonight.

Looking forward to it and let you know if I enjoy it as much as 1st time
Jan 2016
5:32pm, 4 Jan 2016
22,744 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Yep, I thought Kylo Ren's conflictededness was very well done and the tantrums also added to the portrait of someone who is very unhappy. I can only assume Han Solo didn't get him a bike when he was little.

Meanwhile, there has been an interesting post on social media about the continuing failure of directors to explain how Chewbacca thermoregulates. He clearly cannot sweat, yet does not ever pant like a dog, which has the same issue. I can see how this must ruin the whole film going experience for some people.
Jan 2016
5:41pm, 4 Jan 2016
3,025 posts
  •  
postieboy
I still think Kylo Ren is the weak link in TFA. Getting outwitted and out fought by someone who has only discovered her powers in Rey doesn't make him a formidable villain at all. I hope Snoke completing his training resolves this in episode VIII.
Jan 2016
5:45pm, 4 Jan 2016
16,840 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
For all we know, she was part of Luke's Jedi academy. Or that some Jedi have more natural abilities than others.
Jan 2016
5:59pm, 4 Jan 2016
30,432 posts
  •  
Nellers
Given what we saw Ren do earlier in the film I assumed his defeat was due to Rey being very naturally Force-sensitive.
Jan 2016
6:09pm, 4 Jan 2016
3,026 posts
  •  
postieboy
If she can defeat an almost fully trained opponent like Ren, I can't wait to see what she's capable of if Luke takes her on board and hones her natural abilities with the force.
Jan 2016
6:18pm, 4 Jan 2016
6,523 posts
  •  
Badger
Agreed. Though, also, he'd been injured by a blaster shot earlier and was clearly struggling with it, and had already had another sabre duel with Finn, who wouldn't have been trained with a sabre but probably would have been trained with things like the club that the other stormtrooper was using against Finn outside Maz's castle. He saw Finn off pretty fast, so Rey is clearly a notch above, but I could keep the WSOD going based on him having already taken a beating.
Jan 2016
6,524 posts
  •  
Badger
(Agreed was meant for Nellers' post, not that I'm disagreeing with postieboy either!)
Jan 2016
30,433 posts
  •  
Nellers
Also Chewie had shot him and he was carrying an injury.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
rebelscum