Hello to Jason Isaacs

67 watchers
16 May
7:23pm, 16 May 2022
54609 posts
  •  
LindsD
Dr Strange 2 last night.

Enjoyed it apart from one really silly bit.
16 May
7:30pm, 16 May 2022
16602 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
We're off to see Dr Strange this weekend. Reviews aren't looking kind, so I'm hoping going for steak and drinks afterwards will make it not feel like wasted time and money.
16 May
7:42pm, 16 May 2022
24743 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
FlyingScotsman just went to see that his afternoon. He said it was quite dark, a bit weird and included some silliness. He certainly didn't sell it to me! His wee sister went to see it last week and was fairly non-committal about it too. I think I'm going to wait until it's on a streaming service I already pay for, despite the fact my cinema tickets are prepaid.
17 May
4:19pm, 17 May 2022
4053 posts
  •  
z1000jeff
I'm usually quite at one with Rotten Tomatoes review algorithms ... if they score a film 96% critics and 91% audiences you can usually bey it's a good 'un. EEAAO however is the exception to that rule ... absolutely hated it - 2/10
18 May
8:51pm, 18 May 2022
135440 posts
  •  
GregP
So.

Has anyone actually plucked up the courage to go and see The Northman?

It’s either that or Doctor Strange for me on Monday…
18 May
9:29pm, 18 May 2022
39463 posts
  •  
Nellers
For history geek reasons I really want to see The Northman, whilst being pretty sure that I'm not going to like it. I'd be interested in your thoughts if that is what you choose, Greg.
18 May
10:17pm, 18 May 2022
42364 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Just watched Gattaca again for the 99th time. How good is a Michael Nyman soundtrack? :-) G
18 May
10:36pm, 18 May 2022
3180 posts
  •  
Oranj
A Michael Nyman soundtrack is always welcome. I've got a few on vinyl and CD. Gattaca has passed me by. Quite a starry cast, I should catch up.
18 May
11:48pm, 18 May 2022
24755 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Is Gattaca the Jude Law one about GM people in the future? If so, I remember enjoying it very much at the time.
19 May
8:10am, 19 May 2022
42368 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Yes, that's it O and AC. It's a great movie on so many levels. And it's 25 years old - I always think of it as a modern movie! Showing my age! The gene stuff is pretty much here now. Did you know that Chinese olympic committee screen kids who in training and de-select them if they haven't got the genetic potential to win?! Microcosm, but it's here in part. Prophetic movie. And worrying. Anyhoo, never mind the politics, enjoy the sepia tint and beautiful music! :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nellers
A series of still images which, when shown on a screen, create the illusion of moving image.

Here is a Wiki, the fiendish creation of HappyG(rrr)
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=538

Here, you can record your recommendations (or otherwise!)