Reasons to be Grateful

49 watchers
Jan 2015
6:51pm, 3 Jan 2015
19,111 posts
  •  
halfpint
Hey folks. Last year I started Reasons to be Grateful thread. I got a huge amount out of it and I know others joined in (and hopefully got something from it too). I'd like to continue to be grateful into 2015 so have started a fresh thread.
Jan 2015
7:00pm, 3 Jan 2015
1,183 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
After being to a very sad emotional funeral today - I am very grateful to have my health and grateful that all my family have their health too.
Jan 2015
7:10pm, 3 Jan 2015
19,113 posts
  •  
halfpint
The beginning of the new year always leads to taking stock and often we dwell on what we want to change. Thinking back over the last year and beyond I have so much to be grateful for though.

Family and friends who have supported me through difficult times, even when my choices brought me to them, and when others may have turned their backs.

To now be in a position where I can support my wee family and make exciting plans for the future.

For my health and that of my family.
To live in a country where I have not only freedom but so many opportunities.

I could go on and on.....
.B.
Jan 2015
7:21pm, 3 Jan 2015
13,854 posts
  •  
.B.
Thanks for the new thread HP :-) Happy New Year everyone!
At the start of the year I am grateful for my health and happiness and the health and happiness of those I love.
1st for the friendliness of parkrun
2nd for a meet up with a friend I've not seen for a while, lovely catch up
3rd to see my sister for the first time in months and news that bith her boys are to be Dads in July :-)
Jan 2015
8:42pm, 3 Jan 2015
5,135 posts
  •  
Duchess
Oh, this feels so petty compared to the above. But. Today I am grateful that, coming home from a few days away, my Christma lights have fallen down and pulled a glass vase off the windowsill but, despite having to hit a stereo and table on the way down, it's not broken or damaged.
Jan 2015
9:00pm, 3 Jan 2015
19,117 posts
  •  
halfpint
It all counts Duchess. Sometimes it is the little things that make all the difference. Besides our reasons are all personal to us and therefore whatever we are grateful for is important.
Jan 2015
9:50pm, 3 Jan 2015
99 posts
  •  
J123
Grateful to recognise how great it is to be grateful. Grateful to have a comfortable life where I can be upset at having a road bike broken and in for repair. Grateful for people who are passionate about random things. Grateful for mud.
Jan 2015
10:49pm, 3 Jan 2015
298 posts
  •  
poppyseed
Today I was grateful for my fit and healthy body; the beautiful clear blue sky and bright sun at Parkrun and having both my parents in my life. Having read some of your other lovely gratitudes, I realise that I too am grateful to have freedom of choice - even if I don't always exercise it as I should
Jan 2015
6:27pm, 4 Jan 2015
3,592 posts
  •  
LindsD
I'm in. Thanks HP.

1st Jan - grateful for an amazing diving trip
2nd Jan - grateful for a lovely meal
3rd Jan - grateful to have the opportunity for a lovely holiday
Today - grateful for kind neighbours who have the number for a gas engineer
Jan 2015
6:59pm, 4 Jan 2015
5,140 posts
  •  
Duchess
Today I am grateful for a paperboy who delivers the papers so that I don't have to leave the house on a Sunday morning if I don't want to.

About This Thread

Maintained by halfpint
A new Reasons to be Grateful thread for 2015.