Silver Lining!

13 watchers
Apr 2020
9:35am, 8 Apr 2020
10,824 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
Indeed, Fr. It's much more peaceful everywhere - you can actually here the birds all the time.
Apr 2020
10:52am, 8 Apr 2020
448 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
This is my first spring in this house and in the forest, so not sure what it's usually like, but the wildlife is amazing around here. The birds seem to tweet all night!

I am back crocheting, something I used to do before I took up running.

I have also restrung and started playing my ukulele again (I can't play it at all! But now it is strung lefty I am hopeful again!)

I'm able to explore my surrounding more on my runs because it is light when I run, it is beautiful around here, and while I can't get out to see my friends it doesn't matter that they are so far away!
Apr 2020
10:21pm, 9 Apr 2020
4,969 posts
  •  
1step2far
I'm walking on the beach every day now, I'm also seeing the same people there each day so we're beginning to chat. :-)

Also, and this is an odd one but there are far more seals about (6 in the harbour the other day). Normally spot one once a week but see them daily now.
Apr 2020
8:20pm, 28 Apr 2020
49,741 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
Bumping. Clearly silver linings are harder to find, but there must be SOME, right?
Here, this is mine tonight, lovely song by a virtual choir summing up how we are together apart:
https://youtu.be/1_fy3KgdijI
Apr 2020
8:26pm, 28 Apr 2020
11,019 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
Spending less money
Apr 2020
11:25pm, 29 Apr 2020
583 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
That's lovely DrFD!

💓

I've managed my highest mileage month ever, and will hopefully have a whole month of squashed bugs on fetchpoint in a few days!
Apr 2020
9:02am, 30 Apr 2020
49,792 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
Wow well done em! I have my lowest mileage ever I think, but done plenty of online exercise so it probably cancels out...
Apr 2020
9:09am, 30 Apr 2020
40,806 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
A regained interest in ‘training’ (sweaty outdoor training, not webinar bollocks) for me. For it to mean anything I have to record what I’m doing, meet targets and care about the targets

It is the final day of the month. I’ve run every day and find myself on 95 miles of walking for the month so five plus miles of walking will be done

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by BarefootEm
I know the current climate is scary and uncertain. In our family we have two people who work in hosp...