Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Morning Light: The Fetchland Gardening Wire

61 watchers
28 Aug
1:54pm, 28 Aug 2020
30453 posts
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
We suspected we had a hedgehog earlier in the year but hadn’t sighted one until early August, we immediately bought a feeding station and started leaving food, I imagine as we are seeing it daytime and it looks healthy that it is female with young somewhere.
28 Aug
10:23pm, 28 Aug 2020
20201 posts
Columba
There was a hedgehog "hospital" a few doors down the road (run by two ladies who alas gave up last year as it was leaving them with no time for their grandchildren). As well as damaged hedgehogs they regularly took in too-small-to-make-it-through-the-winter hoglets, kept them warm enough not to hibernate and fed them through the winter, and released them in the spirng.
29 Aug
7:18am, 29 Aug 2020
30464 posts
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Interesting website about hedgehogs, you can list where you have seen one
hedgehogstreet.org
29 Aug
11:44am, 29 Aug 2020
6356 posts
Eynsham Red
Thank you for sharing that link Mrs J. There’s some interesting stuff there.
17 Sep
9:06pm, 17 Sep 2020
70625 posts
Hanneke
Fozzy my greenhouse is 3.8 x 2.5 metres or something like that and I have a 100 litre water butt on one downpipe and the other runs into two interconnected galvanised cattle troughs. One inside the greenhouse and one outside. 340 litres in each. they overflow outside because the outside one is slightly lower than the inside one. They all fill up quickly. I have a pent roof shed with a 1000 litre bulk tank attached to the guttering. It is only a 4 x 3.55 metre shed yet the tank fills quickly. This summer I have used 2 x the full capacity f all my water butts and tanks, i have 3x 240 litre ones along my other shed, also a pent roof and smaller than the one mentioned earlier. About 3000 litres in total, times 2 is 6000 litres! I also had to use the hose in Spring, when it was dry for so long and I had run out. I am going to have two more of the biggest cattle troughs on my new building, to collect water, connected with a pipe to a half buried reservoir for dipping watering cans into.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
A wire about gardening.

Close