Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Morning Light: The Fetchland Gardening Wire

1 lurker | 59 watchers
26 May
8:46pm, 26 May 2020
3058 posts
jacdaw
The Japanese are very keen on eating the emerging leaves. I never get round to trying them.
26 May
9:03pm, 26 May 2020
6452 posts
sallykate
Fox deterrents: any suggestions? They've pulled up half the squash at my allotment, and dug up the bed where I put my spinach. They're also good at destroying structures like brassica cages. Looking at solar-powered ultrasonic deterrents but reviews are mixed.

(And in a crossover with the senior moments thread, I'm sure I posted this earlier but clearly not - must have forgotten to press Submit...)
26 May
9:50pm, 26 May 2020
16218 posts
Rosehip
The ultra-sound thing worked on the local cats for a week or so and then, I assume, they just got used to it.

The animal eating my courgette leaves turns out to be my dog - he also has a thing for sunflowers *rolls eyes*
26 May
9:56pm, 26 May 2020
1710 posts
Flatlander
I have cat scarers and they work for me. My scarers have motion sensors so that the cats don't get used to them (they don't work too well on deaf/hard of hearing cats). Also, mine are mains powered which means they give a more reliable sound than battery or solar powered scarers.

As for foxes, there are some sprays which make foxes think that there is an animal around that is dangerous to them and so they are deterred.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
A wire about gardening.

Close