Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Menopause and running

101 watchers
10 Sep
6:15pm, 10 Sep 2020
38253 posts
Purps
My tinnitus is horrendous :( it's definitely worse during a migraine, which I am currently suffering from.
10 Sep
6:19pm, 10 Sep 2020
5429 posts
Wine Legs
It would seem that there is a relationship then! It mostly doesn't bother me, but it's *there* & can be annoying.
24 Sep
3:48pm, 24 Sep 2020
3057 posts
phal
48 hour ECG booked after two horrible irregular heartbeat episodes this month. Normal ECG done on Tues which was OK. Doing really well not to google what it says on my print out 🤣🤣 Doctor (first year doctor) has been brilliant. Blood tests also sorted - doc did them himself as there was a wait until October with the nurse - one of my thyroid levels was on the low side of OK in a previous test which I hadn’t been told before....

Now to wait.... The conundrum continues. So glad I’ve been recording all the crap that’s been going on - he was impressed with my cycle tracking and linking (or trying to) when things were happening. Always tricky with an irregular cycle though. Now just a case of elimination to see what’s going on hopefully. 🤞🤞🤞

Breathe.
24 Sep
3:52pm, 24 Sep 2020
12306 posts
SarahWoo
Glad that you're getting some attention, phal. Well done for keeping records too xx
24 Sep
5:29pm, 24 Sep 2020
32524 posts
halfpint
It sounds like they’re doing a thorough job Phil. I hope the results give you some useful answers.

I was at GP yesterday for something else and since she was taking blood she is doing a second FSH test. She spoke about possible HRT for bone protection due to age and directed me to Menopause Matters site.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ultra Sparkly Bridget (USB)
Last July a blood test indicated that I was going through the menopause (GP did it as due to using D...