•  
Homer! The Herald Angels Sing
Nice avatar jayfire :-)
Dec 2019
10:33pm, 2 Dec 2019
8 posts
  •  
Jayfire
🤣 right back at you Homer! He bears very little resemblance to me I hasten to add..... oh no wait, I mean he bears a great resemblance to me :)
Dec 2019
8:18am, 3 Dec 2019
13,519 posts
  •  
:-) My resemblance varies with how much I run

You'll often find my in my Fetch top at races, but at the moment I'm not a member of another club
Dec 2019
8:52am, 3 Dec 2019
47,828 posts
  •  
The Mighty Fleecy
Hi Jayfire, come join us on the 700 thread. Or pop into the mundane thread where we put all the boring bits of our lives. All welcome in both threads!

What mystifies me is when I say hi to someone in a fetch top at a race and ask what their fetch name is and they kind of look at me like I’m weird for asking. You’re wearing a fetch top you probably paid good money for which identifies you as a fetchie!
Dec 2019
9:42am, 3 Dec 2019
5,033 posts
  •  
Auld Lang Sigh
The first time I wore my Fetch top to a race was Southport 10k in Feb 2017 - I'd only been on Fetch for a couple of months - and I was struggling having gone out at a faster pace than I had trained. Someone went past and said "Come on now, Fetchie, don't be lazy!" which I loved :-)
Dec 2019
9:55am, 3 Dec 2019
32 posts
  •  
Running on the Spot
Great to get all this positivity. The fetch family definitely brings out a smile, which when you are struggling in a race is a great lift! Fetchies be bold😊
Dec 2019
10:29am, 3 Dec 2019
13,520 posts
  •  
Plodding along in my Fetch top, folk often hurl positive happy abuse at me :-) I love the shouts, they help me to keep going
Dec 2019
10:30am, 3 Dec 2019
4,976 posts
  •  
minardi
I just love getting Fetchie shouted at me by random strangers during a race :-) whether accompanied by other words or not. Just the acknowledgement makes your heart tingle. heart
Dec 2019
3:33pm, 3 Dec 2019
1,539 posts
  •  
Flatlander
There'll be a lot of tingles at the Jingle Mile on Saturday ;-)
Fetchies shouting at each other :-)
Dec 2019
4:23pm, 4 Dec 2019
12 posts
  •  
Jayfire
Thanks MF, I was going to ask where I could find these aforementioned Fetch tops but I have worked that one out now through my snooping around the site. Getting Fetchie shouted at me would be a pleasant change from the usual things I get called 😁

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Has anyone else been surprised how shy fetches are? They seem to stay under cover at races, not disp...