Invisible fetchies

12 watchers
Dec 2019
2:02pm, 2 Dec 2019
35,377 posts
  •  
Nellers
I'm quite shy but as I'm not a member of any running club I pretty much always wear a Fetch vest or shirt when I race or parkrun.

Of course, that's not happened for a while but when I get back to it I'll be wandering around in colours, and despite my shyness I'll still say Hi to anyone wearing Fetch gear, and be happy for others to say hi to me.

I'm always particularly grateful for the random "Go Fetchie" cheers you get during races from people you don't recognise and haven't met before or after, and that gives you a stalking opportunity.;-)
Dec 2019
2:24pm, 2 Dec 2019
290 posts
  •  
ageingtractor
I agree with the comments about Fetchies being hard to find at events generally. However I did meet Minardi at the ill fated Perkins Great Eastern Run due to my Fetch top and Becca7 gave me shout as she passed me in the New York marathon last month.
Dec 2019
2:30pm, 2 Dec 2019
381 posts
  •  
snayak
Like many others here, I race in a club shirt but I've started wearing my fetch shirt at parkruns more often when I'm running. I was surprised to find out just how many Fetchies had run at a local marathon I was helping out at a few weeks ago. It's a shame I didn't know beforehand; I would've worn some Fetch kit. It doesn't seem like there are many Fetchies in the Northeast these days.
Dec 2019
2:39pm, 2 Dec 2019
44,147 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I'm out and proud :)
Dec 2019
2:39pm, 2 Dec 2019
5,025 posts
  •  
Auld Lang Sigh
That would have been a marvellous TOTP, V'rap!
Dec 2019
2:46pm, 2 Dec 2019
6,089 posts
  •  
Dooogs
I had my sunburst / North Macedonian Fetch vest on yesterday at Percy Pud. Unlike previous years, I didn't see any Fetchies, though...
Dec 2019
2:53pm, 2 Dec 2019
31,397 posts
  •  
LindsD
I almost always have a Fetch buff on. Or two.

Race in my club vest.
Dec 2019
5:07pm, 2 Dec 2019
7,903 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
I usually wear a Fetch Buff at parkrun and sometimes at races too.
Dec 2019
6:17pm, 2 Dec 2019
5,005 posts
  •  
Eynsham the Red knows rain dear.
I normally wear my Fetch cap at parkruns and races. My buff when the weather requires. I will wear one of my Fetch tops at a race, and randomly on other runs.
Dec 2019
7:07pm, 2 Dec 2019
3 posts
  •  
Jayfire
This seems to be an appropriate place to say hi, kind of again.

I'm not an invisible Fetchie at events but have been on the forum, I find that the threads have been going a long while and it seems intrusive to just say hi in them, so here I am intruding in this thread that's been going a while to say hi and try to begin to integrate in the site :)

About This Thread

Maintained by
Has anyone else been surprised how shy fetches are? They seem to stay under cover at races, not disp...