Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Inaugural parkruns

287 watchers
8 Sep
5:22pm, 8 Sep 2020
3893 posts
StuH
Ooh Cheddar, any decent climbs?
8 Sep
5:25pm, 8 Sep 2020
89 posts
tommy_b
Cheddar parkrun is pancake flat I think - at least all the bits of the Strawberry Line I’ve ran before have been.

Looking forward to Cheddar (or whatever complicated name HQ have given it) - never enough people out running on Strawberry Line in my mind. A great spot.

This can be a prime “long run and parkrun” combo location :)
8 Sep
5:53pm, 8 Sep 2020
3 posts
Martin63
It’s railway flat. Slight incline to the north but nothing a Collett 0-6-0 couldn’t handle 😀
8 Sep
8:23pm, 8 Sep 2020
284 posts
Hunkyteddy
It looks a lot flatter than the Gorge Walk, which I did at the weekend :-)

See you there sometime Martin
17 Sep
4:24pm, 17 Sep 2020
129 posts
LouiseRuns 🌹🇬🇧 🇪🇺
Anyone based in Hillingdon who would like to join a group trying to get parkrun off the group?

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by sLickster
There may be an inaugural parkrun happening near you. Best to check with the local parkrun volunteers to see if they want you to know about it or not.

Otherwise there are plenty of already established parkruns to go to in the UK and abroad, see: parkrun.org.uk