Inaugural parkruns

296 watchers
27 Jun
11:28am, 27 Jun 2022
1,358 posts
  •  
Spideog
Needs a couple of X parkruns setup in somewhere remote in the US or NZ first, or possibly Ukraine when their 5km series restarts and inevitably gets merged with parkrun and replaces the Russian events.

Then at some point the might allow an X in the UK or Australia, or an event starting in Xylo Park gets renamed after its already been running for a year with another name beginning with an A.

They kind of need to create some X events sooner as it otherwise becomes a bigger problem the longer they leave it. Whilst there isn't many places called X around the world, it could be a problem for naming somewhere yet.
8 Jul
7:15am, 8 Jul 2022
45,729 posts
  •  
DocM
Just seen there is a newish parkrun in Elderpark, Glasgow. It's right nextdoor to my son. Anyone tried it?
8 Jul
7:48am, 8 Jul 2022
2,119 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Just seen there is a newish parkrun in Elderpark, Glasgow. It's right nextdoor to my son. Anyone tried it?

No, but on YouTube you can find Scottish Parkruns where every one has been videoed. It’s flat with laps.
8 Jul
10:38am, 8 Jul 2022
25,625 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I was at Elder Park last week. Recorded my best post-restart time. Totally flat, tarmac paths. Some of which are in poor condition. Tbh, by the end of the first lap (of 3.7) I was a bit bored, but I sped up and stopped noticing. Park is pretty much just grass and a few trees. Very enthusiastic team.

There is a bit more to see in the park if you dig deeper: me and my mate had a good wander round after (he also said it was a boring course).
8 Jul
5:04pm, 8 Jul 2022
2,127 posts
  •  
Ally-C
I was at Elder Park last week. Recorded my best post-restart time. Totally flat, tarmac paths. Some of which are in poor condition. Tbh, by the end of the first lap (of 3.7) I was a bit bored, but I sped up and stopped noticing. Park is pretty much just grass and a few trees. Very enthusiastic team. There is a bit more to see in the park if you dig deeper: me and my mate had a good wander round after (he also said it was a boring course).

Sounds like a flat Tollcross. The hills actually make it.
8 Jul
6:41pm, 8 Jul 2022
9,054 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Sounds like a flat Tollcross. The hills actually make it."...pretty much just grass and a few trees" might be a little unfair to one of the world's great rose gardens!
PK
8 Jul
7:37pm, 8 Jul 2022
1,171 posts
  •  
PK
I was at Elder Park too last week. Massive PB potential, i think, if you don't mind going circles.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by sLickster
There may be an inaugural parkrun happening near you. Best to check with the local parkrun volunteers to see if they want you to know about it or not.

Otherwise there are plenty of already established parkruns to go to in the UK and abroad, see: parkrun.org.uk