10 watchers
Jun 2020
10:14pm, 25 Jun 2020
1,702 posts
  •  
auburnette
I have done my physio exercises!

2x13 unweighted airplanes
1x13 hamstring curls on Swiss ball - my leg is quite tired today and noticed it was tired on my run too, which is hopefully a good thing as it will get stronger!

Will do some calf raises too. @ascoey I also have occasional grumbles from the peroneal tendons, be interested to know what the exercises are, especially if I can do them while WFH 😃
Jun 2020
9:54am, 28 Jun 2020
First-time poster!!
  •  
compartmental
I... haven’t done my physio exercises. I should. I should go back to my morning stretch & exercises routine but I’ve been struggling to keep it up during lockdown. It’s more prehab than rehab at this stage but I really don’t want it to come back!

I’m making a commitment here to do it this morning.

airplanes
Heel raises
Toe circles
The one I don’t know what it’s called where you lean back against a wall and raise toes towards knees, balancing on heels
Destabilised reverse lunges

Thanks for the reminder!
Jun 2020
11:17pm, 28 Jun 2020
1,705 posts
  •  
auburnette
Did you do your physio exercises in the end? :D

After a few days off I have done my physio exercises, I did 2 X 12 hamstring curl on the Swiss ball and about 35 airplanes in total. I also did 2 X 13 calf raises and 1 X 13 heel drops seeing as my ankle is a little grouchy. Got my calf burning good!
Jun 2020
4:04pm, 29 Jun 2020
43 posts
  •  
bja61
It is hard to get into a good routine with these isn't it! I'm currently working on:
Kneeling Band "chops" to fix a cartilage issue with my bottom ribs
Ankle mobility and strength following two sprains about a year ago (potholes are bad for me!)
Hip mobility 'cos it's rubbish
Hip flexor strengthening
Bridges and other core and glute strengthening stuff
I try and find 20 minutes every evening once everyone else has gone to bed to do something out of that list. Don't always manage it though...
Jun 2020
10:39pm, 29 Jun 2020
1,706 posts
  •  
auburnette
I have done my physio exercises *polishes halo*

I went big on the ankle today and did at least 2x13 each of heel drops and calf raises, possibly more because I also did them while brushing my teeth. I think it might actually be helping, ankle twinges seem to be receding...

I also did 2x13 airplanes and 1x12 hamstring curls on Swiss ball. Definitely feel like I am recruiting the muscle properly now. I've also just kicked off my London marathon training (not that it will happen probably) so feeling quite inspired to emerge from this training cycle with stronger/more stable legs...
Jun 2020
10:41pm, 30 Jun 2020
1,707 posts
  •  
auburnette
I have done (some of) my physio exercises:

2x through the alphabet with my foot
Many resisted eversions with theraband (as the bit that is grumbling is my peroneal tendons)
1 X 13 calf raises
About 10 airplanes

No hamstring curls today, decided to give my hamstring a bit more rest and focus on the calf and ankle today.
Jun 2020
11:41pm, 30 Jun 2020
46 posts
  •  
bja61
I’ve done mine too - chops, hips, hip flexors, ankles, bear plank and calfs tonight.
Jul 2020
8:53am, 1 Jul 2020
1,708 posts
  •  
auburnette
Nice one! :)
Jul 2020
11:45am, 6 Jul 2020
59 posts
  •  
bja61
How’s it going auburnette, are you doing your physio exercises? 😀😀😀
Jul 2020
9:48am, 9 Jul 2020
44,153 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
First session of eight exercises done (rehab for shin splints)

About This Thread

Maintained by auburnette
For anyone who needs a kick up the bum to do their physio exercises.