How was your self-isolation today?

13 watchers
Mar 2020
3:35pm, 19 Mar 2020
26,658 posts
  •  
Dave.O
Day 2 and I'm nearly climbing the walls already. Step count should be good as I reckon I will need a new carpet soon with the amount of walking up and down I'm doing.
Mar 2020
3:51pm, 19 Mar 2020
2,073 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I hear you Dave! Can you get out for a walk?

jda - I'm worried about the local coffee shops/cafes and my poor friend opened a tea rooms in Sheringham last weekend:-(
Mar 2020
4:08pm, 19 Mar 2020
26,659 posts
  •  
Dave.O
Been for a walk. Luckily I live in a village so withing 2 minutes I'm in fields.
Mar 2020
5:34pm, 19 Mar 2020
2,075 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I'm much the same where I am Dave. Hope getting out made you feel a bit better?
Mar 2020
9:35pm, 19 Mar 2020
5,441 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Day 2 of Social Distancing as I’m classed as vulnerable.
I’ve been out briefly to our local Spar supermarket where everybody was giving each other good separation. It was quite busy, but they had loo roll (which our home delivery shop couldn’t supply).
I went for a run this evening with my usual buddies. It was a bit weird as I needed to keep a couple of metres away which resulted in a fair amount of shouting to hold conversation.
I’ve got plenty of things to be getting on with at home but MUST set a routine otherwise I’ll just veg. I managed to get up at normal work time and did a bit of Pilates and exercises given me by my physio for a hamstring/glute problem.
Mar 2020
9:40pm, 20 Mar 2020
3,532 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I can't beat this guy. It wouldn't go down well in our house if I burned a hole in the carpet in our through lounge trying to match him.

msn.com
Mar 2020
10:20am, 21 Mar 2020
5,452 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
A bit of a fail. I went for a run which is out in the countryside. On my way back I encountered a group of eight lady runners and a dog taking up the complete width of the track.
I couldn’t quite mange a two metre separation, but it was for only a second 🙂
Mar 2020
12:07pm, 21 Mar 2020
35,929 posts
  •  
Nellers
We've hit a new low. My daughter (19, with symptoms and the reason we're all trapped in this hellhole!) is playing on our sympathy to watch High School Musical 2!

I think I might break quarantine to find a bus to throw myself under!

;-)
Mar 2020
2:28pm, 21 Mar 2020
12,203 posts
  •  
Garfield
I'm bored but my area isn't too busy with people out, more with people driving about at the moment. At least I can get out for a run without encountering too many people.
Mar 2020
2:39pm, 21 Mar 2020
2,076 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Unfair Nellers!

ER - I found there were a lot of unfamiliar and inconsiderate runners out this morning here - I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the lack of parkruns........

Traffic is definitely lighter here Garfield but there were a lot of families out walking.

I will no longer be wfh on my own as of tomorrow - we have answered a call for urgent foster carers from a greyhound rescue (I'm guessing trainers are dumping there dogs with the ban on mass gatherings meaning no racing) so I will be collecting my new workmate tomorrow:-) Makes me feel as though I'm doing something a little bit useful too.

About This Thread

Maintained by R4R
Apart from letting the dog into the garden and clearing said garden, I've not left the house to...