How was your self-isolation today?

13 watchers
Mar 2020
5:50pm, 18 Mar 2020
26,656 posts
  •  
Dave.O
Asthma her as well Miss Happy. Well-controlled but works following government recommendations.

I had to send 4 field team members home today due to underlying health issues, luckily they will be paid.
Mar 2020
6:16pm, 18 Mar 2020
2,067 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
It's frustrating isn't it Dave - I run marathons etc and have never been hospitalised with my asthma but I have needed iv steroids to control attacks. I am also on an atypical contract so no work, no pay :-( There is a little bit of work I can do from home but mostly I'm sitting around feeling bored and useless.
Mar 2020
7:22pm, 18 Mar 2020
26,657 posts
  •  
Dave.O
Hope the work keeps coming in for you Miss Happy
Mar 2020
6:46am, 19 Mar 2020
2,069 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Cheers Dave. First world problem fortunately as my husband can cover the mortgage and bills.

I've decided to re-frame - PMA and all that - I'm only social distancing which is much less restrictive than self isolating. A big thank you to all of you who are self isolating and trying to protect the rest of us. Hope you aren't finding it too onerous and that my moaning yesterday wasn't offensive.
R4R
Mar 2020
7:51am, 19 Mar 2020
3,229 posts
  •  
R4R
Morning all. Glad you're all bearing up.

Strictly speaking, I'm not self-isolating, more a case of social distancing, but everyone is welcome to pop in, offer a bit of support, have a little moan, or whatever

Take care everyone
Mar 2020
12:21pm, 19 Mar 2020
10,218 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Feeling slightly worse today, possibly not helped by the grey weather outside. Still, I have chocolate biscuits and the prospect of pancakes for lunch so I will try to keep my chin up :-)
Mar 2020
1:27pm, 19 Mar 2020
2,070 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
It definitely all seems worse when it's a grey weather day too Nemo. Pancakes sound nice though.
Mar 2020
2:23pm, 19 Mar 2020
23,095 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
News awful, weather awful. Climbing the walls. Sorted my sock drawer out. Didn't help.
Mar 2020
2:31pm, 19 Mar 2020
10,221 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
((JB)) I found doing a jigsaw while listening to an audiobook a nice distraction yesterday evening.
jda
Mar 2020
2:35pm, 19 Mar 2020
6,759 posts
  •  
jda
I'm pretty much living my normal life today. Which means self-isolating. Not been off the premises though I do plan to go out for a solo jog later.

Actually I also promised to pick up a takeaway curry later this evening. Would be sad to see them go bust though it's probably pretty much inevitable unless the govt acts pronto. Same for all the "social" businesses in town, which is probably most of them given our status as tourist centre...

About This Thread

Maintained by R4R
Apart from letting the dog into the garden and clearing said garden, I've not left the house to...