•  
flanker
:-) yes, that's the place!
Jan 2013
3:00pm, 8 Jan 2013
4,171 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Ah, I know why. In the past I've looked at the H14R, rather than the H14....
Jan 2013
3:01pm, 8 Jan 2013
4,172 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Is it worth the extra for the rechargeable battery, I wonder.

I do use rechargeable AA/AAA batteries anyway, but still, worth thinking about.
Jan 2013
3:03pm, 8 Jan 2013
14,127 posts
  •  
flanker
Yep, there is a difference in price & features. The H14 does not allow use of rechargeables. It also says alkaline only, so not sure if it would cope with LiHy batteries, although tempted to try them as it eats batteries on full power.
Jan 2013
7:02pm, 8 Jan 2013
755 posts
  •  
Pinkliverbird
Thanks for the info flanker. Think it might be worth paying the extra for the H14 :-)
Aug 2013
8:33pm, 22 Aug 2013
1,196 posts
  •  
shanksi
Don't know if anyone's still watching this thread, but if anyone is out there, I'd appreciate some advice. I'm looking for a reasonable light which could work as both a headtorch and a bike light and have come up with a couple of possibilities from the Lenser stable:
- The H7R looks like a good option for running but would probably involve considerable messing about with to customise a bike mount.

- The H14(possibly R) is the better bike option with more power and it comes with the bike bits but is more expensive and looks a bit heavy for running.

Can anyone advise? Thanks
Aug 2013
8:39pm, 22 Aug 2013
6,877 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
In my experience the comfort of the headband is more important than the weight of headtorches. I've used a H7 and it was very light and had decent brightness. H14 looks great value :-)
Aug 2013
12:15am, 23 Aug 2013
14,492 posts
  •  
flanker
I bought, and then sold, the H14.

It was very bright but it was very heavy & bulky, the battery life was only a few hours on a decent power level, and I really didn't like it's light profile. It gave a very distinct cone of light which was very clear but no diffused/peripheral light that can show you anything outside that cone. So you either aimed it far ahead for good vision but then couldn't see what was under your feet, or aimed it at the ground and lost the distance vision.

I'm now using a Silva x-trail which has both a bright main beam plus lower power diffused light, is more comfy to wear, still a bit heavy (but any powerful light is going to need a lot of battery juice) and still only about 4-5 hours battery on full power. It's not perfect, but it's the best I've found yet (and I've tried a lot!).
Nov 2013
11:10pm, 12 Nov 2013
223 posts
  •  
DPBadger
I'm looking for a head torch at the moment. I didn't realise how pricey they are. Does anyone have the LED Lensor ones?
Nov 2013
11:13pm, 12 Nov 2013
224 posts
  •  
DPBadger
I forgot to say it is the se05 or should I just get the H14R.

About This Thread

Maintained by DeeGee
I just *know* that this has come up already a couple of times this year, but can I find the thread? ...