Garmin Training Centre / Connect / Fetch / or what?

2 watchers
May 2012
3:56pm, 31 May 2012
13,811 posts
  •  
flanker
It takes me about 30 secs to get a run uploaded witha 310.

If its taking ages it might well be that you need to clear down some of the older log files. If you never done this for years you almost certainly will benefit from it.

The Ant agent downloads run and stores them in your profile. If fetch has to analyse a load of these it may well grind to a halt. From memory on Win7 they are under

<userID>\aplication data\roaming\garmin\<device ID>\activiities and

<userID>\aplication data\roaming\garmin\<device ID>\history.

Delete all but the most recent and things should be faster. Deleting all this from your profile will also help general PC performance.
May 2012
3:58pm, 31 May 2012
13,812 posts
  •  
flanker
Thought that would happen...

[userID]\aplication data\roaming\garmin\[device ID]\activiities and

[userID]\aplication data\roaming\garmin\[device ID]\history
May 2012
4:24pm, 31 May 2012
42,549 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Um
But ive only been attemtpting to download form my garmin for a couple of months
garmin recently cleared too
so i wont have loads of files

Ive never managed to get fetch to talk to the 310XT, so there is nothing stored
May 2012
4:27pm, 31 May 2012
42,550 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
oh, welcome to fetch little jo

:)

I always used to upload manually and was quite happy with that till I fond out about damn fetchpoint

;)
Jun 2012
12:59am, 1 Jun 2012
13,814 posts
  •  
flanker
Hippos, so you've never downloaded data from Garmin / logged it anywhere before?l

You may also need to install the release of the Ant agent before the current one. The current one is v buggy, and I went back to the previous version.
Jun 2012
4:18pm, 4 Jun 2012
141 posts
  •  
Fitz
Well I'm happy to report it all works swimmingly - or is it runningly? My Garmin talks to the ANT stick thingy, it talks to Garmin Connect and it talks to Fetch (after a couple of false starts). I'm so excited that I've registered for Fetchpoint, Conquercise and UTMOST in the space of five minutes. Now I'm going to lie down and fan myself in a slightly effete way.

Goodbye Polar running watch. Good times but pedometers are so old hat for recording distance. Goodbye Polar Weblink and Polar Personal Trainer. You will not be missed.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fitz
Hello, I have just purchased my first Garmin running watch and I know I have a lot to learn as I hav...