Fetch Real Ale Drinkers (FRAD)

73 watchers
Jan 2021
10:21pm, 3 Jan 2021
8,646 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
I don't know how it compares to the Adnams Mosaic other than presumably same hops but I didn't especially take to the Adnams one. Just googled and seen that Hawkshead also do a Mosaic. I've enjoyed all the Hawkshead beers that I have tried when up in the Lakes and their brewery at Staveley is well worth a visit too - might look out for their Mosaic now.
Jan 2021
11:09pm, 3 Jan 2021
4,191 posts
  •  
mr d
Adams Mosaic was ok, but nothing more. If there were no other options I'd drink it, but I'd rather drink so many other beers.

Also think my local Adnams pub charges close to £5 for a pint of Mosaic.
Jan 2021
11:15pm, 3 Jan 2021
5,560 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Adnams Mosaic is nice as a summer beer with some citrus flavours. At this time of year, I prefer to stick to their traditional Ghost Ship or Broadside brands.
Jan 2021
10:20am, 5 Jan 2021
5,911 posts
  •  
Southcoastpete
Would like to have a go at brewing my own beer but haven’t got a lot of room in my little flat.
I do remember when my Grandad had the brew bags you could get from Boots back in the day. Pour in boiling water and off it went. Fairly drinkable if you weren’t too fussy.
I’ve been getting delivery from local Sussex breweries. Got some cans and bottles from Bedlam for new year
Jan 2021
8:55pm, 5 Jan 2021
5,574 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I have an account with Adnams by have not used it for a while, probably because I am still going through the beer that I have been bought for my birthday and Christmas.

I'll think I'll leave the next order for a while and get free shipping (£80 spend and used to be less).
Jan 2021
6:53pm, 13 Jan 2021
8,692 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
Took a delivery today of a Demi-pin (10L bag in a box) of Old King Coel Porter from Colchester Brewery. We'd had it as a 4 pint takeaway from a local pub in the November lockdown and now the pub isn't allowed to do takeaways we looked into buying from the brewery and saw they delivered to our area on a Wednesday so put in an order - we often get Harwich Town's Redoubt Stout delivered which is good, but I have just vented and tried this one and it's gorgeous! We don't normally drink beer midweek but will have to make an exception while this is in the house! pint
Jan 2021
8:18pm, 13 Jan 2021
2,870 posts
  •  
Tom Tom
Have you tried the Black Horse stout from the Briardale Brewery at Ipswich BBL? Can recommend it! Haven't tried any of the Harwich brews yet...keep meaning to get along to one of those Redoubt beer festivals once restrictions ease.
Jan 2021
8:59pm, 13 Jan 2021
4,286 posts
  •  
mr d
Sorry to chip in, I've had it on draft and its excellent. Can't vouch for the bottles.
Jan 2021
9:00pm, 13 Jan 2021
4,287 posts
  •  
mr d
Also assuming you mean Briarbank.
Jan 2021
9:09pm, 13 Jan 2021
2,871 posts
  •  
Tom Tom
Oops, yes Mr D...predictive text strikes again!

About This Thread

Maintained by MoscowFlyer
Fetchies who love a pint of real ale.