Does anyone else use Fetch without a Garmin?

1 watcher
Mar 2016
12:25am, 10 Mar 2016
90 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
Good to see I am not the only fetch user without a gps watch of any brand! I use the stopwatch function on my cheap digital watch and measure runs on fetch afertwards (or occasionally on gmap-pedometer if I've run on paths that are only in openstreetmap).
I considered android apps, but my smart phone (passed on by OH a couple of years ago when he upgraded) isn't very good.
I do sometimes think of getting a gps watch, but really for my level of running it would just be a toy.
Mar 2016
12:32am, 10 Mar 2016
7,277 posts
  •  
pedroscalls
No watch of any sort here either, I just use map my run app and upload manually.
Mar 2016
12:33am, 10 Mar 2016
7,278 posts
  •  
pedroscalls
No watch of any sort here either, I just use map my run app and upload manually.
Mar 2016
12:37am, 10 Mar 2016
501 posts
  •  
larkim
I used to be a "no watch" kind of guy but must admit I'm a fan now. Much easier to track pace when out and about rather than having to peer at my armband and then not be able to see the screen because of sunlight!
Mar 2016
7:04pm, 10 Mar 2016
21 posts
  •  
Broadsword
Maybe we should start a support group for ex-timers...My name's Broadsword, it's been a week since I last timed a run using any sort of electronic device...
Mar 2016
9:45pm, 10 Mar 2016
25,400 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Buddy of mine (West Highland Way, 18:30 5k etc.) runs with a Casio £4 digital watch from the pound store. Doesn't hold with all this expensive tech.

I'm off to see if I can get my new Vivoactive to pair with my old heart rate monitor and display it real time on my phone via bluetooth. Anything to avoid running! :-) G

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Broadsword
Does anyone else use Fetch WITHOUT a Garmin?
If so, what do you use to record your activities?