Garmin

1 lurker | 188 watchers
SPR
5 Aug
1:26pm, 5 Aug 2022
37864 posts
  •  
SPR
Anyone interested in a polar OH1 for £25? Moving on to the Verity.
6 Aug
1:30pm, 6 Aug 2022
25986 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Oddly, having posted on here about the hrv stats thingy, data started to appear. It’s now giving me overnight numbers, but saying wear overnight for 3 weeks before status is shown.
Until I commented here, it was a tab with just ‘no data recorded’

So, hopefully in 3 weeks the hrv status thingy will be shown and I’ll have something else to look at and ignore ;)
SPR
6 Aug
9:13pm, 6 Aug 2022
37884 posts
  •  
SPR
Used the Verity today playing full court basketball with the watch in my bag on the side. The OH1 might have had enough range but the Verity worked perfectly. The new band feels better as well to me, more secure. I used Bluetooth instead of ANT+ as I would usually as it's not clear whether the increased range only applies to Bluetooth.

85 mins of basketball with 2 or 3 subs off gave an aerobic effect of 3.3 and 2.0 anaerobic. Not at peak fitness as I've been dealing with a injury since the end of March. Will be interesting to see how the stats change as fitness returns (assuming I keep playing every so often). With no chance of really getting to peak fitness for track season now, it's a chance to do something I wouldn't normally do when fully into running because I need to recover from running or niggled or something else. Always had the idea of doing it in the winter once a week when I race less but never got round to it.
6 Aug
9:38pm, 6 Aug 2022
14657 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
The latest Garmin HRMs record HR whilst the watch is out of range and then download the data to watch when reconnected so you don’t have worry about having the watch close.
SPR
6 Aug
9:40pm, 6 Aug 2022
37885 posts
  •  
SPR
I wouldn't want to wear a chest strap. The Polar can also record to device and download later but I guess not to Garmin.
8 Aug
7:34pm, 8 Aug 2022
15913 posts
  •  
Sigh
On a FB Group earlier today :-)

8 Aug
7:36pm, 8 Aug 2022
14669 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Ha, very good!
8 Aug
8:15pm, 8 Aug 2022
5739 posts
  •  
quimby
You know, when I saw SPR's post, I looked up what a Polar Verity was. I'd not heard of it before. If you look at the Polar web site product page:
polar.com
it's not at *all* obvious that it goes on your arm, unless you watch the video, or scroll very far down the page. 🤷‍♀️

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
For all questions and comments about Garmin devices, including importing to Fetch.