BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Garmin

172 watchers
14 Apr
2:58pm, 14 Apr 2021
13988 posts
larkim
Aha, makes sense.

This tool might be able to achieve the combination if you're keen on getting the data right. gotoes.org I've used it to combine HR recorded on the watch with Zwift .fit files when my HRM has stopped connecting mid-ride to the computer, so as you can you let the OH1 record independently I'm going to make a bold presumption that you can download that activity as a .fit file from Polar and then combine it with the watch activity for swimming. Maybe that's flawed, I've not investigated whether Polar's apps allow for a .fit file output.
14 Apr
3:09pm, 14 Apr 2021
13989 posts
larkim
Update: for certain you can export as tcx or gpx from the PolarFlow website, so that tool would work for combining data streams if you wanted to. .fit might be possible via the FinalSurge website which DC Rainmaker reports here is getting .fit files from Polar. dcrainmaker.com
15 Apr
2:55pm, 15 Apr 2021
709 posts
CogNoscensme AHA
I'm sure that some of it might be finger trouble. Though I am being careful with the single press to start and a double press to record. In that mode, it should store the HR data. My one attempt to record the swim and then synch with Polar Flow didn't work but I might have another go. I have a Garmin Tri HRM and it's trivial to sync. I use it under a wetsuit OWS and tried it in the pool under a lycra Tri suit. Garmin say to avoid chlorine so it's not something I would do often.
15 Apr
2:59pm, 15 Apr 2021
14008 posts
larkim
You need to use the Polar Beat app to get the OH1 stored recordings off the OH1 - I just re-read your post on the previous page and wondered if that was just me mis-reading things or not, but it didn't look like you had that step included.

The lights pulse differently when it is in self record mode.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
For all questions and comments about Garmin devices, including importing to Fetch.