Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

depression

• health
  • support
241 watchers
8 Jan
10:08am, 8 Jan 2021
4433 posts
ThorntonRunner
Australia and NZ reported virtually no flu during their winter (our summer 2020). I think the theory was that the social distancing etc measures taken for Covid had a significant effect on the ability of the flu virus to spread.
8 Jan
11:23am, 8 Jan 2021
35310 posts
Hills of Death (HOD)
What’s the comparable Winter COVID v Flu deaths
11 Jan
6:16am, 11 Jan 2021
12873 posts
early bird
Thank you everyone. Sorry been a bit AWOL but struggling a bit still. Sorry to hear about your losses HOD 🙁 and yes 1step2far people don't realise that the deaths aren't the full story at all.

Started to sleep a little bit better managing about 5 or 6 hours which is great.
Had a rough night on Friday and lost count of the amount of seizures I had (probably stress and tiredness induced) I still forced myself to go out for a walk with my friend on Saturday morning though and felt better for it. Rest of the weekend wasn't great but at least it started better.

I will aim to do better though. Plodding my way through each day as it comes atm and trying to avoid as much 'stuff' as I can
11 Jan
6:25am, 11 Jan 2021
6352 posts
1step2far
Thats good EB, glad you got some sleep.

HoD sorry forgot to reply. It's higher, and the long term effects are worse with covid. I'm sure I've seen other graphs but this is from office of national statistics: ons.gov.uk

I've never known ITU this full. Even in the worst NHS winters.
11 Jan
8:09am, 11 Jan 2021
35316 posts
Hills of Death (HOD)
Someone on GMB put a graph to that effect

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

Close