BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Coronavirus discussion thread

3 lurkers | 127 watchers
9:01am
9:01am, 15 Jun 2021
20001 posts
Bazoaxe
I agree HG and I was quite surprised as I had been a bit nervous about what I was going to. Mrs Axe was very nervous about us going and has acquired some Covid tests for my son and I to make use of.

I do wonder though how this kind of situation squares with the 4 week delay. SO although the whole thing was well handled, it does feel out of step with wider concerns.
9:03am
9:03am, 15 Jun 2021
8793 posts
Too Much Water
Thanks for being our human guinea pig Bazo
9:22am
9:22am, 15 Jun 2021
4983 posts
ThorntonRunner
Was at a funeral yesterday - socially distanced, masked at the crematorium, the wake was well ordered - appropriate numbers inside at the venue, and others at tables outside. I did however hug my friend of 40 years given it was the funeral of his 26 yo daughter :(
9:24am
9:24am, 15 Jun 2021
8795 posts
Too Much Water
A wake for my Mum would have been good, I was sad we never got to have one and my Dad won’t want to have one now.
10:36am
10:36am, 15 Jun 2021
52715 posts
DrPhleecingD
Your poor friend, TR :(
11:01am
11:01am, 15 Jun 2021
744 posts
forest plodder
I'd have done the same TR. That is incredibly sad.
Friends have recently arrived in Malaysia for work, and are quarantined in a designated hotel. They have set delivery times for food to a chair outside their room. Person delivering in full PPE. If they open the door at any other time, it triggers an alarm (as they discovered when they thought they heard something outside their door and opened it.)
They also have to log on to an app daily and report their status.
11:11am
11:11am, 15 Jun 2021
1540 posts
Turtlemama
TR that's awful for your friend? My deepest sympathies.

Fellrunner, your comments are spot on. I remember last year in the queues to get into supermarkets, then finding empty shelves or rationed items, all I could think of was how easy we had it compared to our parents and grandparents struggling with years of wartime rationing. It's an inconvenience, not the end of the world!
11:25am
11:25am, 15 Jun 2021
25803 posts
EvilPixie
Gnome booked for jabbing Sunday :-D
husband just back from 2nd jabbing

human memory is very short lived - trivial example husband moaning about the sport.... I reminded him that a year ago he had none. He still moaned! LOL

The war was terrible but there aren't many who can remember it so to today's folk the last 18 mths have been unreal
11:30am
11:30am, 15 Jun 2021
14904 posts
geordiegirl
I have just attended my best friends mum’s funeral by video link. It was hard not being there. And hard to see them with only 5 additional guests after her, brother, sister and partners.

(They are in North Tyneside so reduced attendance to 10)

It is hard not being there to support and I also confess we hugged when I saw her last week she was in pieces. We had both done LFTs her as she’s been with mum leading up to her passing & then out and about dealing with everything and me as I was going to work.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.