Bitten twice this month

5 watchers
Mar 2013
11:40am, 10 Mar 2013
12 posts
  •  
Training Log
Collie dogs have gone for me too many times now,Left leg is a bit of a mess tbh, I try and stay out of their way, even stop if I see one coming but they just seem to latch on out of nowhere.

Is this just a common thing to put up with or have I just been unlucky? any tips for not getting savaged because one more time and I will want some satisfaction from the owner.

Half way through a goal session this time too,gutted.
Mar 2013
11:43am, 10 Mar 2013
7,827 posts
  •  
fleecy
You should not ever have to tolerate being bitten by any dog! I would take photos of dog, owner and bite and contact the police.
Mar 2013
11:45am, 10 Mar 2013
7,065 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Collies both times? How did the owner(s) react?
Mar 2013
11:45am, 10 Mar 2013
583 posts
  •  
Cyclops
I've never been bitten in suburban Wakefield. Are you out in the wilds somewhere? Like fleecy said, run with some photographic device, get evidence and ring the police.
Mar 2013
11:46am, 10 Mar 2013
13 posts
  •  
Training Log
I have had enough now and am going to start taking my phone out with me,always the same speech,never done it before,will keep it on a lead yadda yadda
Mar 2013
12:43pm, 10 Mar 2013
11,267 posts
  •  
*jono*
TBH this is why all dogs should receive a gunshot to the head -

and you can't say anything to dog owners - who all think they've just stepped off the set of *one man and his dog* and exercise no control over their hounds despite whistling and shouting at them.

That and letting them shit everywhere - but again all dog owners say its the irresponsible ones!

so gunshot to the mutts head or a 500 pound a year dog licence?

and what on earth posses people to have more than one rabid wolf?
Mar 2013
12:49pm, 10 Mar 2013
7,831 posts
  •  
fleecy
If a person came up to you on a run and assaulted you, you would contact the police wouldn't you? These owners are responsible for the actions of their dogs, and they need to control them. It's one thing being jumped up on or licked by a dog and another entirely to be bitten. Program the police contact number into your mobile, take photos, contact the local dog warden, get an address off the owners and drop the words 'legal action' and 'no win no fee solicitors' into your conversation with the owners (even if you don't intend to take action). Hopefully they will pay closer attention to their dog next time, it's completely unacceptable behaviour by those owners.
Mar 2013
12:51pm, 10 Mar 2013
11,269 posts
  •  
*jono*
it is easier just to shoot them fleecy
Mar 2013
1:17pm, 10 Mar 2013
684 posts
  •  
FreshStart
I would phone the police in full hearing of the dog owners and take phots for evidence etc. I'm not proud to admit that years ago our dog escaped from the garden and bit a runner. The dog was destroyed.
Mar 2013
1:42pm, 10 Mar 2013
13,869 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Dog bites person. Dog destroyed. End of. If you were a sheep farmer you'd be able to shoot it on sight.

About This Thread

Maintained by lurker4
Collie dogs have gone for me too many times now,Left leg is a bit of a mess tbh, I try and stay out ...