Bitten twice this month

5 watchers
Mar 2013
5:27pm, 10 Mar 2013
24,370 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I've never been bitten by a dog. I assume I've just been very lucky, or else I look as if I might be poisonous.
Mar 2013
5:39pm, 10 Mar 2013
5,364 posts
  •  
*Anj*
Could always take one of these out on your runs

amazon.co.uk
Mar 2013
6:59pm, 10 Mar 2013
584 posts
  •  
Cyclops
I put my dog on the lead and keep it out the way of things she either won't understand or won't like or will get in the way of such a cyclists, runners, small children, other dogs, horses.... Walking her can be quite hard work - I really have to concentrate.
Mar 2013
7:20pm, 10 Mar 2013
11,277 posts
  •  
*jono*
The thing is cyclops its not dogs on leads - its packs of them, last saturday in the park there were 5 of them - all different owners - running around, the owners only stepped on when they started taking chunks out of each other.
Mar 2013
7:27pm, 10 Mar 2013
19,582 posts
  •  
ogee
I was bitten on the arse the other week by a Rottweiller, that's twice now I've been bitten by dogs, an Alsatian was the other one. Contemplating getting myself a tazer so I can zap the next fucker who bites me & then zap the owner for being a cunt & allowing a dangerous dog out without a muzzle.
Mar 2013
7:36pm, 10 Mar 2013
1,062 posts
  •  
philbo
Back in the day when i played footie, ( long long time ago ) i got nailed by a jack russell when i went to get the ball for a throw in , so i belted it with the corner flag , then ended up in hospital getting stitches and jabs. :(
Mar 2013
7:39pm, 10 Mar 2013
15,433 posts
  •  
sheri3004
I got nipped by a dog recently. I was so shocked I just kind of jumped out of the way and carried on running, only realising several paces further along that I had now acquired a hole in my leg.

I don't know what type of dog it was. It was small. And bitey.
Mar 2013
7:56pm, 10 Mar 2013
5,226 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I holiday in Turkey where there are loads of stray dogs. I have less issues while running in Turkey than I do at home with dogs that are owned and allegedly trained.

IMO dog owners are not aware of anyone else and just dont think, in fact believe they have the right to do what they want. My daily cycle commute is on a cycle path used by dog walkers. We have extendable leads, covering the whole path, loose dogs that dart out of bushes, skittish dogs on one side, their owners on the other side of the path so the bike has to go through the middle, not being able to predict what the dog will do.

I once had to slam on the brakes as 2 huskies on extendable leads ran across the path while the owner holding the lead hadnt yet arrived. I shouted abuse and was told the path was for sharing. When I pointed out the obstruction she had caused, she couldnt tell me which part of the path she was sharing with me.

The latest is a woman who walks her greyhound in the road/bus lane, woman on the path meaning I have to take avoiding action and dont know if I have a taxi or bus coming behind me. To be fair, after my shouting at her o Thursday, the dog was on the path on Friday. There was one day it was shitting in the gutter while sat on the road.

Then we get to the dogs that jump at you and the owners say its only playing. If I was to jump at the owner and lick/paw it I would be arrested.

In fairnes there are some responsible owners who I always thank when they have taken control of their dogs, but they are a small minority
Mar 2013
7:58pm, 10 Mar 2013
289 posts
  •  
phôôk
I got bitten by a monkey once, although wasn't running at the time. On the finger.
Mar 2013
8:08pm, 10 Mar 2013
19 posts
  •  
Bill
I carry a short length of TV co-ax cable in my pocket and, when threatend by the many semi-feral dogs that plague Spanish villages, I swing it round very fast so that it makes a swishing sound. I have never had a dog come any closer and so have not had to actually hit one on the nose with it!

About This Thread

Maintained by lurker4
Collie dogs have gone for me too many times now,Left leg is a bit of a mess tbh, I try and stay out ...