Any Board Games Fans?

47 watchers
Mar 2019
9:15am, 25 Mar 2019
27,775 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Multi-player 7 Wonders is a very good game. It's best with at least four or five players, which makes the selection and passing of cards quite challenging. Duel really surprised me; as you say it has a lot of depth and they have managed to capture a lot of the feel of the original game in a 2p version, which is unusual as often 2p versions of games are more limited.
May 2019
11:24am, 3 May 2019
15,797 posts
  •  
Stander
I am currently loving Quacks in Quedlinburg.
Even the missus (the mostly non gamer in the house) plays this.
May 2019
2:08pm, 7 May 2019
28,106 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Good old-school zany German game title! It's been on my wishlist since it won Kennerspiel des Jahres, but we seem to be playing shorter games at the moment - on the table this week are Kingdomino and Arboretum. Kingdomino is pretty straightforward, but Arboretum needs a *lot* of concentration on what your opponent is up to as you need to monitor two discard piles closely.
Jun 2019
3:48pm, 13 Jun 2019
15,882 posts
  •  
Stander
Star Wars: Outer Rim added to the collection last week. Only played the one game so far, but that was just to get to grips with the rules.

This is already a lot of interest from the guys down at the games club.
I can see this one getting a lot of play.
Jun 2019
7:55pm, 13 Jun 2019
1,127 posts
  •  
oumaumau
Recently got 'Khet: The Lazer Game', can't recommend it enough, but after just one game apiece the kids won't play anymore. It's too difficult apparently :(
Jun 2019
7:57pm, 13 Jun 2019
1,128 posts
  •  
oumaumau
Forgot to add, discovered Khet, from Dave Gorman's recent book - Dave Gorman vs the rest of the world, worth a read to discover some obscure games :)
Jul 2019
9:37pm, 6 Jul 2019
4,013 posts
  •  
Vancouver Jogger
Just saw this thread flagged up in 'related threads' and thought, 'oh that looks interesting' - only to discover that it was a thread I started a few years ago. Have been away awhile! Most recent additions include 'Camel Up' which the girls really enjoy; and also Burgle Bros which is the first co-operative game I've played; and Corinth.
Jul 2019
9:43pm, 6 Jul 2019
16,662 posts
  •  
Chrisity
The answer to Bru-bru's question from 2012 is Battle of the Little Big Horn. It had plastic figures of soldiers and indians, and i loved it.
Jul 2019
9:44pm, 6 Jul 2019
16,663 posts
  •  
Chrisity
I wonder if that is a record for answering a question on fetch, 7 years?
Jul 2019
11:43am, 7 Jul 2019
28,598 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Camel Up annoys me in an irrational way because its title is so meaningless. I am sure it was supposed to be Camel Cup and someone misread the artwork.

Taliking of camels, I received Through The Desert from my BGG Secret Santa last year and it's now approaching the top of my "to play" list.

About This Thread

Maintained by MisterTea
Any other board games fans out there on Fetch? Any recommendations for some great games?