Any computer games fans? (we need a gamers icon!)

50 watchers
14 Nov
1:38am, 14 Nov 2022
17,185 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Been playing God of War: Ragnarök over the last few days. It's suitably epic, with a real graphical improvement over the previous one. There's almost too much to look at - often finding myself scouring the scenery for breakables and/or loot. Lots of things that took time have been sped up/streamlined - in particular realm travel and blacksmith stores.

No plot spoilers from me, but the first surprise came early when Atreus first speaks - one broken voice :) Other than that taking a little time to get used to, the voice acting is excellent in the main - although one character's delivery is pretty poorly done in one section. A few jaw drops and certainly some laugh out loud moments.

Not all good though. Whenever you run into a puzzle (such as they are - never particularly challenging), the support characters are far too eager to offer help. Sometimes doing so before I've even realised there's a problem. Also the accessibility options (look great for those who need them) do seem to have made the game a bit more hand-holding, with lots of noticeable assistance for chests, ledges, etc.

Oh, and it's more brutal than the last game. Definitely not for kids!
1 Dec
9:36am, 1 Dec 2022
9,484 posts
  •  
GordonG
anyone clicked today's Google logo thingy???? :-)
1 Dec
9:45am, 1 Dec 2022
44,862 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Yeah, isn't it cool?! :-) G
1 Dec
9:57am, 1 Dec 2022
141,000 posts
  •  
GregP
Wait one
1 Dec
9:58am, 1 Dec 2022
141,001 posts
  •  
GregP
Oh wonderful.
1 Dec
1:47pm, 1 Dec 2022
32,923 posts
  •  
ElDuderino
That's great. makes me want to go and play Mario Maker 2 again.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
If you're buying games (or anything) on Amazon, please use our Amazon link:

amazon.co.uk

As an Amazon Associate Fetcheveryone.com earns from qualifying purchases!