Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

An Orange Lifeboat - Are you new to Fetch because The Other Place built a paywall?

21 watchers
23 May
9:34am, 23 May 2020
2 posts
Big_G
Thanks Nellers.

TheBeard, it's just another stat to track really. For much of the lockdown (with no races) I've been doing all my training at 142bpm and I've seen some encouraging progress at that effort when I do a 5-mile run on the flat. The "beats per mile" stat contributes is helpful as alongside the pace hopefully getting quicker, the "beats per mile" should get lower as you get fitter.

There's a very good runner who has a blog that mentions it here. There is a paragraph just above his graph in this post.
runningobsessive.blogspot.com
23 May
3:21pm, 23 May 2020
34909 posts
HappyG(rrr)
Beats per mile was the one infallible measure of fitness that I used to believe (when I had a reliable HR monitor! The old strap with Garmin 305 and 310 worked way better than the modern fance optical HR monitor that I now have!)

Welcome to Fetch. Any questions, just ask. Some great threads on here about HR based training. :-) G
24 May
10:43am, 24 May 2020
45 posts
TheBeardRunner (aka Abul Choudhury
So, is there a difference between following a Fetchie and buddying them?
24 May
10:46am, 24 May 2020
46714 posts
Velociraptor
There is indeed. Following a Fetchie means you'll get a notification up there ^ whenever they log some training. Buddying a Fetchie allows them to see blogs you've limited to "buddies only" (but not vice versa unless they buddy you back) and gives you an additional filter to use for some lists.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nellers
Thought there might be a need for a welcome mat for any refugees from the orange site.

Hello and...