Hello to Jason Isaacs

1 lurker | 73 watchers
24 Apr
7:22am, 24 Apr 2024
54,025 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Challengers - the love triangle tennis thing? They really should have called it Love All
24 Apr
7:22am, 24 Apr 2024
54,026 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Wimbledon't
24 Apr
7:58am, 24 Apr 2024
85,678 posts
  •  
Diogenes
New Balls Please
24 Apr
8:02am, 24 Apr 2024
11,036 posts
  •  
Fields
Think the trailer is the best thing about that

Some £1 film for me tonight - the trouble with Jessica - seems to be about upper class posh London professional types - which we certainly lack films about.
24 Apr
8:33am, 24 Apr 2024
10,329 posts
  •  
GordonG
McGoohan wrote:Challengers - the love triangle tennis thing? They really should have called it Love All

or Are You Being Served?
24 Apr
8:56am, 24 Apr 2024
11,038 posts
  •  
Fields
Game set and snatch 😳
24 Apr
12:46pm, 24 Apr 2024
151,658 posts
  •  
GregP
The weird timings next week make my options:

(a) Abigail + Challengers

(b) Abigail + Monkey Man

(c) Challengers + Monkey Man

Not appetising.
24 Apr
4:38pm, 24 Apr 2024
388 posts
  •  
theOtherRichard
I quite enjoyed Monkey Man. Mrs tOR, not so much.
It's a pretty straight-up-and-down revenge movie, but I liked the spiritual angle (as someone who has zero spirituality) and enjoyed the direction/editing (as someone who has no cinematographic knowledge at all).
The last act is completely ludicrous, but no more so than John Wick, The Equalizer et al.

Challengers, I'm not sure about. I didn't dislike it. It's better than the first trailer I saw. (The second trailer was better imo.) It's quite watchable, but I'm not sure I would actually recommend it. I have no idea how realistic the tennis action is - it seemed reasonable enough (as someone who has no tennis experience/knowledge) - but there is quite a lot of it.

If Abigail has made it out here to the sticks yet, it hasn't made it on to our viewlist so far. The trailer looks inoffensive enough, but I think there are other things we'll see before we get round to it.
24 Apr
6:50pm, 24 Apr 2024
32,053 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Challengers looks like Jules et Jim with tennis bats. Or something.
24 Apr
8:13pm, 24 Apr 2024
11,040 posts
  •  
Fields
Trouble with Jessica was ok, audience found it funnier than me but it had its moments.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nellers
A series of still images which, when shown on a screen, create the illusion of moving image.

Here is a Wiki, the fiendish creation of HappyG(rrr)
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=538

Here, you can record your recommendations (or otherwise!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you ever need to know if something is available on streaming, I can recommend justwatch.com

It tells you which platforms things are on and whether they are free and if not, gives their rental and purchase prices