Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Fetch Birdwatchers

1 lurker | 119 watchers
27 Jan
1:15pm, 27 Jan 2020
3705 posts
steve45
"my" regular Long Tailed Tits arrived five minutes after my GBW hour! Best bird was a Bullfinch. A meagre ten species with a total of only 17 birds. City life!
But..just a half a mile run from my front door, a pair of Stonechat this morning.
As for Dunnock--in my garden I've had three on rare occasion. I refer to singular Dunnocks as "a Dunnock"..it makes me smile when people refer to "the" Cuckoo etc. I suppose if something is a scarcity then one would say (for example) that "The Bluethroat" is still in such and such place....
27 Jan
2:00pm, 27 Jan 2020
2525 posts
12barDavid
A female pheasant has just wandered across our front garden. I’ve seen them when I have run over the Kingston Gorse & the Goring Gap, but never in our front garden.

I think I will have to have my camera on permanent standby.
27 Jan
3:17pm, 27 Jan 2020
14942 posts
Rosehip
we often get pheasants in the front garden - nightmare with a springer in the house! he always knows when they're there
28 Jan
1:55pm, 28 Jan 2020
1611 posts
Surelynot
Another sighting of a treecreeper in my front garden. I get one occasionally. Always a welcome visitor.
28 Jan
9:14pm, 28 Jan 2020
1971 posts
Pothunter
Cheating slightly but a visit to Cape Town got me a few nice (even if not particularly special) birds. Hadeda, Sacred Ibis, Cape Eagle Owl (relying on a friend for ID as all I really saw was a dark shadow), Cape Spurfowl (which I used to know as a Francolin), Orange breasted sunbird, Cape Robin, Redwinged starling (which shat on my sister’s arm!), helmeted guineafowl, black oystercatcher, African penguin (heard only)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Anahata
Big Garden Birdwatch 2019 26-28th January - sign up here:

rspb.org.uk

BTO BirdTrack: blx1.bto.org

BirdTrack App: bto.org

BTO Website: bto.org

Website for identifying dragon & damselflies: british-dragonflies.org.uk

Close