Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Morning Light: The Fetchland Gardening Wire

59 watchers
3 Nov
8:57pm, 3 Nov 2020
13169 posts
Markymarkmark
My calla lily has just produced a bloom, rather unexpectedly!
The chrysanthemums that we bought 4 years ago are now flowering well in their planter, after a couple of off years.

Both are nice surprises.

My 50 (53, actually!) "Electric" red onion sets are in.
And the lettuce seem to be doing well in the greenhouse. 😃
7 Nov
3:36pm, 7 Nov 2020
24108 posts
Lizzie W
Had a rummage in the raised bed: a handful of carrots and an unripe butternut squash!
7 Nov
5:20pm, 7 Nov 2020
20480 posts
Columba
Clearing one of the raised beds prior to sowing "root chervil" seeds. Never grown these before, didn't even know there was such a thing until I saw them in a catalogue, but thought they'd be worth a try. They have to be sown now, but won't germinate until spring, but need to go through a period of cold. (Let's hope we get a period of cold...)
7 Nov
7:48pm, 7 Nov 2020
18526 posts
Rosehip
I still haven't sown the broad beans or the winter lettuce - highlighting those jobs on my todo list
So many leaves to sweep up (not "mine" they blow in from the trees around the village green) I don't seem to have gardening time to do anything more
9 Nov
5:13pm, 9 Nov 2020
207 posts
MDrewett
Wow those cabbage white caterpillars are still active - checked on the turnips earlier and they were covered in them and absolutely decimated! Glad I didn't take all the netting off my cabbages yet...
9 Nov
5:22pm, 9 Nov 2020
18534 posts
Rosehip
the caterpillars are on my sprouts, the leaves look like lace :(
9 Nov
5:41pm, 9 Nov 2020
7121 posts
sallykate
Oh no, I have baby brassicas unprotected at the allotment! They looked OK a week after planting but I've left them alone for over a week now. Will just have to hope they're still OK next weekend.
9 Nov
7:54pm, 9 Nov 2020
13234 posts
Markymarkmark
My (baby) kale look to be OK.

My red cabbage is mostly recovered from the ravaging they got in summer from the CWs.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
A wire about gardening.

Close