Where is there a parkrun with caravan site nearby?

22 watchers
EdJ
Mar 2022
7:14am, 14 Mar 2022
636 posts
  •  
EdJ
A fairly new one - Henlow Bridge Lakes

parkrun.org.uk

henlowbridgelakes.co.uk
Apr 2022
11:58am, 8 Apr 2022
74 posts
  •  
hellywobs
Not a parkrun, and only for the ladies, but the Newton Abbot Ladies 10k starts and finishes at the Dornafield caravan park near Ipplepen. It takes place each September.
Apr 2022
12:28pm, 8 Apr 2022
24,598 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
For Scotland's newest ones, Forfar Loch has one (maybe two?) just by, handy as a stop just short of Braemar maybe. Arbroath (West Links) has a caravan park just across the road/railway (Red Lion) with touring pitches. Not sure if these are only caravans, or include motorhomes.
Forfar Lochside campsite is very close ( ¼ mile ) to Strathmore RFC, where Parkrun starts and takes tents, tourers and MoHo. Arbroath Red Lion is mainly statics but has about 25 pitches for tourers and MoHo. Also in Arbroath and close by is Elliot campsite, but it only has 8 touring pitches and some are long-term booked all summer.

Montrose has South Links campsite 1¼ miles from parkrun start and they take tourers and MoHo.
Apr 2022
2:56pm, 8 Apr 2022
22,528 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Smeaton Lakes in Newark is about 2 miles from Newark parkrun
May 2022
2:21pm, 11 May 2022
2,858 posts
  •  
Reiver
Hi GimmeMedals, have you done Fountains Abbey parkrun? There appears to be a campsite called Through the Kissing Gate, about 10 minutes walk from the abbey site.
May 2022
2:42pm, 11 May 2022
22,705 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Thanks for that, Reiver That sounds ideal.
May 2022
2:43pm, 11 May 2022
25,329 posts
  •  
Dvorak
The new Ashbourne Recreation Ground (gateway to Dovedale) parkrun is 1.2 miles along the Tissington Trail from Callow Top campsite. callowtop.co.uk Several others within a short drive.
May 2022
4:42pm, 21 May 2022
1,767 posts
  •  
Big_G
We stayed over at Warcombe Farm last night, which is approx 2.5 miles down to Woolacombe Dunes parkrun. It’s downhill to the event, so of course back uphill to get back to the site. It’s a fantastic event though.

It’s quite a large site, but we appear to have been lucky as we asked for a grass pitch, and there is no one else on it. We usually prefer a smaller site but if I was going to do the event again (which I hope to), I’d stay here again.

May 2022
5:23pm, 21 May 2022
22,737 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Big-G, we've stayed at Damage Barton, just down the road from Warcombe Farm, a couple of times. It's a steep climb back up from the coast but worth it!
May 2022
5:57pm, 21 May 2022
1,768 posts
  •  
Big_G
Thanks GM. I did spot that one and will check it out. This one is really good for the dog as they have a huge, very picturesque dog walking area within the site, which was part of the reason we chose it on this occasion.

About This Thread

Maintained by GimmeMedals
I'd like to do a bit more parkrun touristing, but also fitting it in with our motorhome travels...