What really annoys you

46 watchers
Jul 2012
3:28pm, 18 Jul 2012
46 posts
  •  
AndrewS
Most Daily Mail readers' thoughts are unclear Jason.
Jul 2012
3:41pm, 18 Jul 2012
2,845 posts
  •  
fleecy
The woman hogging the narrow footpath next to the bus stop this morning. Ds2 and I were on our scooters and a bus was pulling in, she was looking straight at us and refusing to budge. I said 'it's ok, I'll just walk through this prickly holly bush' and she went 'ooh well, you should have said excuse me'. Rude cow.
Jul 2012
3:44pm, 18 Jul 2012
20,174 posts
  •  
Frobester
People who accelerate on the approach to roundabouts, on the understanding that their superior speed and driving skills will get them round, whether busy or not, alive.
The Olympics ticket site. Please don't tell me there are tickets available, only to let me get right through to asking you to check if they are, um, actually available, and then tell me, with most likely manic laughter in the background, that those tickets sold out about 6 months ago.
Jul 2012
3:47pm, 18 Jul 2012
768 posts
  •  
Curly45
This:
The Olympics ticket site. Please don't tell me there are tickets available, only to let me get right through to asking you to check if they are, um, actually available, and then tell me, with most likely manic laughter in the background, that those tickets sold out about 6 months ago.
Jul 2012
5:43pm, 19 Jul 2012
21,114 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Being put under pressure to offer every woman who comes into my consulting room a leaflet about long-acting reversible forms of contraception, irrespective of what she's come to see me about. That puts me on a level with the male GPs who used to take delight in doing unsolicited breast examination on every female patient and calling it "health promotion".
Jul 2012
5:48pm, 19 Jul 2012
807 posts
  •  
wiener dog
Agree with that V- Rap ^, I hate it when I go in for something unrelated and one of the first things they ask is ''what form of contraception are you using?'' last time he was a bit taken aback when I replied ''total blody abstinence!''.
Jul 2012
5:49pm, 19 Jul 2012
2,876 posts
  •  
fleecy
It's just as annoying to your patients, V'Rap! Being told that the pill marginally increases my stroke risk over the age of 35 is not very informative when we've just established that I don't smoke, eat healthily, exercise lots and am generally fit as a fiddle. I may have a higher risk of being hit by a bus than having a stroke, but I don't see you shoving Bus Accident Prevention leaflets down my throat!
Jul 2012
6:11pm, 19 Jul 2012
21,116 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
We don't get our pay docked for failing to warn people that they might get run over by a bus if they don't remember to look both ways before crossing the road, even though it's more useful advice, especially for people who go out jogging.

Though I'm sure the QoF will get round to it eventually ;)
Jul 2012
6:23pm, 19 Jul 2012
2,883 posts
  •  
fleecy
They could produce a range of leaflets covering Blatantly Obvious Topics :) You could get pay docked for not transmitting a whole variety of useless advice :)
Jul 2012
6:26pm, 19 Jul 2012
21,117 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I think that's what's happening already, fleecy. And advice hasn't been given unless the correct buttons have been pushed on the computer.

(It really, really, really annoys me that the job I used to love has had its heart ripped out and its bollocks torn off, and our professional leaders have allowed it to happen.)

About This Thread

Maintained by mad4it