Training partners...

2 watchers
Oct 2018
11:46am, 21 Oct 2018
First-time poster!!
  •  
Keri
Looking for training buddies for long runs or week-night group runs - I'm not fast, I'm stubborn.. (this year is race to complete - but I need to start adding some faster stuff - hence the change of focus and this post)

Weekdays - I commute by bike/run - so something around Weybridge/Woking in the post-commute period say 18:00-20:00
Weekends - South Downs or North Downs - Preferably Sundays

Typical offroad slogger.. but try to keep the topics light! My local club is too far from the office to attend any more.. and I am slowly going stir-crazy!

Suggestions?
Oct 2018
4:31pm, 21 Oct 2018
41,645 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
Hi Keri

I'm not much help to you, I'm afraid, but I'm giving your thread a bit of a boing. I'm sure there are Fetchies in the Weybridge/Woking area who can help.
Oct 2018
8:14pm, 21 Oct 2018
1,136 posts
  •  
Oranj
Since the wonders of GDPR came about, the 'locals' map became a voluntary opt-in thing so it's a bit sparse, but you may find some contacts there: fetcheveryone.com/locals.php
Oct 2018
8:34pm, 21 Oct 2018
2,640 posts
  •  
StuH
Hiya Keri,

Welcome to Fetch!

Weekdays - Woking Sweatshop do runs Monday and Thursdays, 18:30 from the shop, variety of paces. Horsell Runners do regular runs from Horsell not sure when, think they have a FB page. Woking cruisers are club based out of David Lloyd in Woking, they run Wednesdays I think.

Weekends - Of course there is parkrun, but for longer and off road in the North Downs Trekking & Outdoors do fortnightly Sunday runs.
Nov 2018
8:20am, 3 Nov 2018
2 posts
  •  
Keri
Thanks everyone for the responses! Especially Stu for the suggestions of running groups.

I think most of my log runs will be weekends and South Downs next year (closer to home). But the week days will be great. Looking at a HM-style training program for weekdays.. do my speedwork that way! Time to get organised after the next Yorkshire trip..

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Looking for training buddies for long runs or week-night group runs - I'm not fast, I'm st...