Trainer sizing

1 watcher
Sep 2013
12:34pm, 19 Sep 2013
813 posts
  •  
Cotty67
If you try a pair of trainers and one size is too big and one size is too small and they don't do half size, are you best to take the slightly smaller or larger pair ? Or forget them, even if they are a lovely colour ??
Sep 2013
12:38pm, 19 Sep 2013
2,049 posts
  •  
Curly45
That's a joke right?

Find a pair that fit. They'll get muddy over the next few months anyway.
Sep 2013
12:50pm, 19 Sep 2013
48,984 posts
  •  
Puddington
Well, NEVER a pair that's too small. I get a half size up from my usual shoe size in all my trainers but if they are actually TOO big, you'll get bother with them. Unless you plan on wearing 4 pairs of socks.
Sep 2013
12:56pm, 19 Sep 2013
2,772 posts
  •  
Wobbling
When I worked in SS we advised customers to go one size bigger. There should be a thumbs width between your big toe and the top of the shoe, when you stand up and raise your toe.

I'm a 4.5 and run is size 6 Mizuno, and 6.5 in Adidas.

Adidas come up small, around 1/2 to 1 full size.

I understand colour is important to some people but bear in mind, if you're admiring your feet as you run, you're likely to tumble over.
Sep 2013
12:57pm, 19 Sep 2013
2,773 posts
  •  
Wobbling
And most manufacturers do half sizes.
Sep 2013
12:58pm, 19 Sep 2013
814 posts
  •  
Cotty67
Its the new Skecher go runs, with normal socks they feel too big but with running socks if I really try I can almost get a finger at the heel,but walking in the house they don't feel big ??
Sep 2013
12:58pm, 19 Sep 2013
272 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
I'd say it depends on how thick the insole is - you could swap it out for a thicker/thinner one from one of your other shoes to make them fit. Not ideal, depends on how much you really want these shoes.

It could also depend on what time of day you tried them on - if first thing, then feet swell a bit as you walk about and run on them - so you'd want the bigger size.
Sep 2013
1:08pm, 19 Sep 2013
815 posts
  •  
Cotty67
I was only joking about the colour !! They are very like the original Nike free's with running socks on they feel fine, there is about a thumbs worth at the toes. I will probably send them back as a long term foot injury I had was due to wearing trainers that were too big. I genralll am a size 5.5/6 but used to always wear a 7 in trainers as I liked to be able to wiggle my toes, then after almost a year a year off and going down to a 6.5 my foot touch wood is fine . I generally wear Nike or Adidas and wear them in a 6.5.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Cotty67
If you try a pair of trainers and one size is too big and one size is too small and they don't do h...