Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

South West Coastal Path - SWCP

17 watchers
29 May
4:22pm, 29 May 2020
42402 posts
Derby Tup
I might turn up with a pair of trainers and see how I go 🎶S🎶
29 May
4:25pm, 29 May 2020
33775 posts
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Good man!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by ♪♫ Synge ♪♫
For walkers, runners and even virtual runners on the SWCP. Bring your questions, answers and experiences to share here!

The best place to start looking for information or for planning anything from a day trip to covering the full distance is the South West Coast Path Association, who maintain a very good website.
southwestcoastpath.org.uk

Some of us are taking part in a virtual event organised by windingpaths.uk in which the challenge is to log 636 miles of running and/or walking between 1 June and 31 December 2020 to complete the distance of the whole Path.

Participants in the 2020 SWCP virtual event:
Me (Synge)
Wriggling Snake
Derby Tup
Stef (Mrs DT)
Alice the Camel
Rosehip
Fragile Do Not Bend
Bintmcskint
V'rap
Lorraine
Garfield
Vancouver Jogger
GimmeMedals

This thread isn't exclusively for the one event though, so whether or not you are taking part, do feel free to join us on this clifftop bench overlooking the sea and share your love of the SWCP!

Guide books:
OS National Trail Guides (4 volumes: Minehead to Padstow; Padstow to Falmouth; Falmouth to Exmouth; Exmouth to Poole). Includes OS 1:25,000 maps.

Trailblazer Guides (3 volumes: North Devon; Cornwall; Dorset & South Devon). Includes detailed hand-drawn mapping.

Cicerone: The South West Coast Path (single volume).

Further reading:
McGoohan’s blog of a 1993 odyssey on the SWCP first appeared on 31 August 2016 and Day One is indexed as #974.