Shoe advice from a running-shop person please !!

1 watcher
Jan 2017
1:15pm, 27 Jan 2017
305 posts
  •  
Clatters
Hi Fetch Folk,

I'm looking to switch from Mizuno shoes to Asics. The reason being is that I now live overseas and can't get hold of Mizuno, but I do have access to Asics at very good prices (and no, they're not fakes!).

My serious question is that I have been advised/prescribed Mizuno Wave Inspire shoes for many years because of my gait/pronation, etc, etc, and they've been great. Can anybody tell me what the Asics equivalent of Wave Inspire would be ??

Thanks in advance !
Bjd
Jan 2017
1:22pm, 27 Jan 2017
46 posts
  •  
Bjd
Not a running shop person but a quick google suggests either Asics Gel Kayano or Asics GT 2000 4.

Both are stability shoes for moderate over pronation.
Jan 2017
1:38pm, 27 Jan 2017
4,538 posts
  •  
Wobbling
Wave inspire are heavy cushioned shoes and Mizuno have a big toe-box. When I worked (briefly) worked in a running shop Mizuno was what we offered folk who had injury niggles and needed space to wiggle their toes.

Nike might be an option for the cushioning but I didn't find them that supportive.
Jan 2017
1:46pm, 27 Jan 2017
10,174 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
@Clatters - not a running shop person but I have worn Mizuno Wave Inspire - I have Asics GT 2000 4 - I do like them but they do feel different in terms of fit.
Jan 2017
2:00pm, 27 Jan 2017
1,268 posts
  •  
StuHolmes
I have found Nike Structure to be quite similar to Inspires.
Jan 2017
4:52pm, 27 Jan 2017
306 posts
  •  
Clatters
Thanks Peeps. Any more ?
Jan 2017
5:14pm, 29 Jan 2017
32 posts
  •  
kt_m_white
Have you tried looking at fortsu.co.uk? It gives recommendations for other shoes that are similar to what you search for

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Clatters
Hi Fetch Folk,

I'm looking to switch from Mizuno shoes to Asics. The reason being is that I now ...