Mizuno Lightweight Shoes

3 watchers
Nov 2022
5:32pm, 3 Nov 2022
23,627 posts
  •  
Dave A
I’ve been out of the market for lighter shoes for a while, with injury and lack of mileage meaning I haven’t needed much in the way of replacements.
I’ve always found I’ve ‘got on’ with Mizuno better than other shoes, so now most of my knee problems are behind me, hopefully, I’m thinking about getting a pair of lighter shoes for road running again.
I’ve previously had Mizuno Musha (in BBC all it’s glorious colours with flames coming from the toe box). Most recently, 2019, I had a pair of Mizuno Wave Enporers.

Does anyone know the latest racers that Mizuno are currently selling?

Any reviews of them?
Nov 2022
8:14am, 4 Nov 2022
110 posts
  •  
PAJ89
Hi Dave. I think the Rebellion is the current Mizuno racer, low profile and lightweight with a glass fibre plate. They do have a range of new racing shoes coming soon more in the style of the modern high stack supershoe style though, including a very bizarre model that essentially has no heel (think extreme rocker that results in your forefoot being higher than your heel).
Nov 2022
4:50pm, 4 Nov 2022
23,632 posts
  •  
Dave A
Cheers. Will take a look.
Nov 2022
5:24pm, 4 Nov 2022
9,526 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
My kingdom for the return of the Musha circa 2011-ish!
Nov 2022
5:51pm, 4 Nov 2022
8,707 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Mizuno are always my go to for running shoes. However, as my intention is just to finish and not necessarily race, they are usually Wave Rider or Wave Inspire. Having had shin splints, I just want sturdier shoes than a lightweight pair.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Dave A
I’ve been out of the market for lighter shoes for a while, with injury and lack of mileage meaning I haven’t needed much in the way of replacements.
I’ve always found I’ve ‘got on’ with Mizuno better than other shoes, so now most of my knee problems are behind me, hopefully, I’m thinking about getting a pair of lighter shoes for road running again.
I’ve previously had Mizuno Musha (in BBC all it’s glorious colours with flames coming from the toe box). Most recently, 2019, I h...