Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Running tights

1 watcher
may
Jan 2012
11:17am, 17 Jan 2012
805 posts
may
..Can anyone suggest good winter running tights?ie nice and warm last few days I have tried a combination of skin shorts/running tights/water proof bottoms and today full length light thermal tights/skin shorts and full length tights and still came back with cold thighs and rear end: )..how many layers done one have to wear?????: )any suggestions???thanks
Jan 2012
11:34am, 17 Jan 2012
46345 posts
Puddington
I'm a big fan of Odlo stuff. I have full length tights and they are lovely fabric and keep me very warm. I admit to wearing shorts over them today though! Odlo do a 'warm' range of clothing.
Jan 2012
11:36am, 17 Jan 2012
6763 posts
Slowboy
You could try cycling tights, if you can find some that don't have the pad in for the saddle. They tend to be thicker/fleecier because of the increased windchill.

I have some v. old Castelli's I use to run in on seriously baltic days, and they're lovely. Maybe have a poke around on the sale-rail in your local bike shop?
Jan 2012
11:36am, 17 Jan 2012
1184 posts
sLickster
My Gore ones are the warmest, but I get some rubbing when I wear any tights, so need to figure out which underwear to wear! Or is commando the way to go with tights?
Jan 2012
11:38am, 17 Jan 2012
31492 posts
LorraineS
I'm another Odlo fan - have two pairs of the warm toasty ones, as well as a couple of pairs of the normal ones
Jan 2012
11:38am, 17 Jan 2012
721 posts
Mr Alf Tupper
no need for comando slickster, just some cleverly placed vasiline!
Jan 2012
11:43am, 17 Jan 2012
722 posts
Mr Alf Tupper
may, if your wearing 3 layers and still feeling cold i dont think anything bar whale blubber can help you!!
Jan 2012
11:50am, 17 Jan 2012
6650 posts
CrazyLegs
Under Armour do some really good cold gear running tights.
Jan 2012
11:53am, 17 Jan 2012
259 posts
Derby Tup
Powerstretch fabric tights are ace if you really suffer with the cold planetfear.com
Jan 2012
11:53am, 17 Jan 2012
1429 posts
Sharkie
may - I have a suspicion I am the Coldest Fetchie on Fetch. I wear jumpers in summer. In winter I have started wearing normal M&S thickish opaques under my running tights - that's a bit of a help. They ARE stretchy enough - I'm a sprinter so use a big range of movement. Woolly socks in my spikes too! I've just bought some Ronhill winter tights - they're fairly cosy and not too expensive (mine were on sale from SheActive). I also bought some Zoca winter running tights (cos they were half price, I'm dead mean me) They're warm but beware XS size is made for pixies unlike some brands.

If you really feel the cold I think you DO have to layer up - which slows you down, but hey ho it's ok as long as your not racing.

About This Thread

Maintained by May
..Can anyone suggest good winter running tights?ie nice and warm last few days I have tried a combin...