Under Armour or other compression running tights for ladies

2 watchers
Mar 2012
1:25pm, 17 Mar 2012
122 posts
  •  
buzby123
Hi, just wondering which running tights people would recommend. I think my cheap Karrimor have seen better days after seeing a race photo of me in them and they look pretty baggy !!! So, was looking at Under Armour heat gear, now thinking along lines of compression tights, but wondered if there are any recommends. How do UnderArmour size up? their SM appears to be a size 2-4 (OMG, I am an official fatty at a UK size 10)!!!!
Mar 2012
1:33pm, 17 Mar 2012
7,386 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Hi buzby - I have been using Under Armour cold gear tights through the winter. I have the size small, and I am a size 8-10.

Hope that helps :)
Mar 2012
1:38pm, 17 Mar 2012
123 posts
  •  
buzby123
Thanks for the info. They do hotgear for Summer which I was looking at. I am a size 10/11 LOL, so guessing a medium should do the trick. Nothing worse than pants that fall down when your running though !!
Mar 2012
1:47pm, 17 Mar 2012
7,388 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Just a word of warning - the coldgear tights I have are the ones with the 2" waistband - really comfy, but they don't have a drawstring which was why I went down to the size small.
Mar 2012
2:07pm, 17 Mar 2012
42,570 posts
  •  
runnerbean
i like skins :-)
Mar 2012
3:50pm, 17 Mar 2012
2,269 posts
  •  
Lalli
I've just ordered some Skins shorts on Amazon - £23.11 for large ladies - size 12. Looking forward to trying them out. Been using a pair of Time to Run compression tights, which have been amazing for £12.99! Getting warmer now and my OH recommended Skins... :-)
Mar 2012
4:35pm, 17 Mar 2012
4,696 posts
  •  
LouLou
I've got a range of brands - skins x 2, under armour, montane, gore, adidas.... Personally, I think my relatively cheap adidas ones have served me well at about £20/ pair. My under armour ones are good and the no drawstring is actually nice in a way.

I'm a chunkier 10 (compared to a 8/10!) and I have both small and medium skins - I find the small are better fit. I don't wear them as recovery compression tights - just running tights. I wouldn't pay £60 for them again over the other cheaper brands.

My gore ones are thermal lined and far too long for a 5ft 6 girl. My montane ones are proper weather-proof and have a huge rear pocket so perfect for longer winter runs. I think they may actually be a mens small so they do look a little simon cowell-esque on me.
Mar 2012
4:43pm, 17 Mar 2012
2,135 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Ok, I am not a woman (well, not last time I checked), but I have these redvenom.co.uk

Much cheaper than skins, 2xu etc. I emailed them about sizes and they got back to me very quickly.
Mar 2012
9:24pm, 18 Mar 2012
40 posts
  •  
Bikermouse
Have you tried youth skins? I wear youth large. There is a youth XL as well. Cheaper than buying adult sizes and also small. I bought ladies XS and found them to be quite big on me. I'm a short arse with a big bum though. They are good for all weathers.

I have UA heat gear 3/4 which I like very much. Also XS.

there is a lot of inconsistancy in sizing, even in the same brands.

buzby123 - I think that the size SM (2-4) must be US sizing which could mean anything. I wear size 0-2 US. Though it shouldbe 4 it rarely is.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by buzby123
Hi, just wondering which running tights people would recommend. I think my cheap Karrimor have seen...