Round Norfolk Relay - Fetch Team Too

65 watchers
May 2017
5:05pm, 8 May 2017
33,393 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I'd be interested if not in my club team as the normal put in at least one team but might not be selected
May 2017
5:14pm, 8 May 2017
16,977 posts
  •  
flanker
I never said never :-). Just fancied a break to do other things in Sept, and on a year when we are missing a number of our usual faster runners it seemed a good importunity.

@Fetch - it seems they've redesigned their site and lost all the contact details. I'll have a dig trough my email and drop you a line if I can find anything...
May 2017
8:48pm, 8 May 2017
11,756 posts
  •  
Carpathius
As always I'm interested if we do it in 2018 but am sadly one of the slow plodders :(
Ted
May 2017
10:09pm, 10 May 2017
14,445 posts
  •  
Ted
@Fetch

Oldman was the RD for decades, try fmailing him, he may still have connections. Or I think that Milemonster is still on the committee. Scottish lady Milemonster, not the dude.
May 2017
7:24am, 11 May 2017
1,718 posts
  •  
RunningInCircles
As am I Carpathia...

The event is a lovely idea, and I have enjoyed it. But maybe it's just not for us these days :-)
It's difficult, because the greater the difference in pace, the longer stages/checkpoints/handovers have to be open.

We as a team have seemed* to place the emphasis on the social side, hence variety of pace, and that inclusion makes the team slower.
The organisers, and it is their event, put the emphasis on racing and clubs, hence the higher average pace.
Neither us or them are wrong.
But maybe we are incompatible. :-)

*I am a newbie having only done a few.
May 2017
7:24am, 11 May 2017
1,719 posts
  •  
RunningInCircles
Sorry Carpathius... Autocorrect got to your name.
May 2017
9:41am, 11 May 2017
60,599 posts
  •  
Gobi
I was in the first few that fetch teams did. We were a very mixed bag of runners. (I did 4 I think)

Definitely more social than winning.
May 2017
11:13am, 11 May 2017
16,983 posts
  •  
flanker
the first few were very social. Much to the annoyance of many other teams who seemed to think that before a 6am start that 2am was to late to be sat up drunk and singing to Hoax on the guitar :-)

RiC - never say never. After all, for nine years we managed to put out a social team that made the cut-offs, so we only need to attract a couple of young speedy types (or some of the elder members pull their finger out and do some training ;-)) and well be fine, Plus we all need our fix of your cakes if nothing else :)
May 2017
11:14am, 11 May 2017
16,984 posts
  •  
flanker
apologies for the appalling grammar and spelling in that post! I think this conference call is affecting my brain.
May 2017
11:30am, 11 May 2017
60,601 posts
  •  
Gobi
Flanker - I think my primary function was run at night and do miles fast :-)

I never used to go to bed as I don't camp.

About This Thread

Maintained by flanker
72 hours without sleep or food :-) 2012 and we're back again. Post on the thread if you are interested in taking part.

roundnorfolkrelay.co.uk