Race tshirts - is this typical?

2 watchers
Dec 2014
12:58pm, 12 Dec 2014
188 posts
  •  
snogard
I like the Welsh races as they not only ask you to specify a size, but so far in my experience, the shirt is waiting for you at the registration, in the right size.

All other shirts I get a re large or XL so these go to his lordship, who doesn't run
Dec 2014
1:11pm, 12 Dec 2014
1,220 posts
  •  
Winniefree
The only time I was miffed about this was when I did the Dublin Marathon and all they had left was XL. It's too big even for nightwear!
Dec 2014
1:33pm, 12 Dec 2014
42 posts
  •  
tonyp2604
I also got landed with a L (Droiwich HM) when I am a M - but I think at the end of the day if you do a lot of races you end up with loads of T shirts (both tech and non-tech) so I'm not too bothered if one of them is a little baggy. Can just be for the garden/slobbing around the house. I think it probably means paying more to get more accurate sizing and at the end of the day I would rather pay less for races.
Dec 2014
9:18pm, 13 Dec 2014
29 posts
  •  
totalbeginner
Or ditch the t shirt altogether if general consensus is they don't get worn? I wonder whether you shoudl be able to specify on the entry form if you require t shirt and or medal and if not, get some sort of reduction in entry fees. I'm a UK size 12 and I'd pick men's size medium
Dec 2014
9:59pm, 13 Dec 2014
816 posts
  •  
Scott S
I got a medium in the NY marathon and to be honest, small may have been better.

Went to the finisher tent the following day to buy some gear and by 9am, 90% of what was left, men's clothing wise, was XL.....exactly how many runners wear XL? Can't say I saw a single person in the marathon that would be anything above a medium as they were skinny..
Dec 2014
11:32pm, 13 Dec 2014
10,842 posts
  •  
Cavey
Thankfully most race organising committees put an absolute dog shit design on them so you won't want to wear it anyway.

As for XL, my XL club vest was always a very snug fit even when I was knocking out mara's and ultra's.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fragile Do Not Bend
For the first time, a race I'm thinking of entering is offering 'free' tshirts for finishers. The...