RANT - BRING BACK COTTON T SHIRTS

9 watchers
Jan 2013
11:46am, 21 Jan 2013
543 posts
  •  
FreshStart
I dumped a load of XXL cotton t-shirts in the clothes bin last week. No offence but I'd rather have a technical t-shirt that I can actually use. The Lichfield 10k organisers have the right idea. They ask what size t-shirt you want when you enter the race so you don't end up with a technical tent :-)
Jan 2013
11:48am, 21 Jan 2013
68,250 posts
  •  
santababy
i gave away 12 cotton race tshirts other day, unworn to chairty shop
Jan 2013
11:48am, 21 Jan 2013
1,428 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I like some of the Great Manchester Run t-shirts I have in that they are nice to wear, but they do take up an increasing amount of drawer space. I've only had one technical shirt in a goody bag, which was far too big - I gave it to OH and he said it was pretty rubbish as a technical shirt. The last race I did you could choose whether to buy a souvenir t-shirt (which I did as it was for the charity) & it's a really nice one, fitted rather than unisex.
Jan 2013
12:27pm, 21 Jan 2013
6,278 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I have a load of cotton t-shirts, some of which are pretty good (eg Alloa, though a bit sponsor heavy) and some which are quite rubbish (eg Glasgow). Some tech shirts (Grangemouth have done the same shirt (pretty decent mile more ones which are quite often seen after at other races/ parkruns) for the last three years but in different colours) including some from Spain. German races all tend to have an extra charge for the "Finisher shirt" so I haven't bought any (fairly expensive).
Jan 2013
12:55pm, 21 Jan 2013
9,416 posts
  •  
Argie
If you do Maldon Triathlon with Jamie Cooper (Dengie Events), take the time to tell him how fucking horrid his cotton t-shirts are. He real appreciates the feedback.
Jan 2013
12:19am, 24 Jan 2013
67 posts
  •  
Bikermouse
Don't know why you can't train in cotton T's, I do without problems, equally I have issues with cafing from tech T's. it's the quality of the T that is important.
You'll always have a divide, those that love or hate, bit like marmite. I prefer cotton myself.
I don't have that many race T's myself, only wear a couple, generally the cotton ones. Guess if you enter races where they give away T's you'll end up with too many and I understand that many people just don't like T's for whatever reason.
You'll never please everyone.
Jan 2013
11:52pm, 27 Jan 2013
1,545 posts
  •  
colettedeann
i thought i would share my very first goody bag with you esp as i have been eager to receive my first- and no i didn't get a t-shirt - neither tech nor cotton

well - it was sausages :) - as i couldn't take it on a 4+ hrs on trains back home as it would be past its best i gave them to a student who also ran

...so when i got home - my ex - knowing i was eagerly awaiting my first goody bag made me a default goody bag - and in this i got:

- no. 1 medal
- lucozade
- radox muscle soak
-scholl massaging insoles
-sea salted pretzls
- werther's originals
- a flake
- a banana
- dextro energy glucose tablets

lol - thought that was really sweet :)
Oct 2020
8:29am, 9 Oct 2020
304 posts
  •  
Cheekys Dad
That is sweet Collettedeann. The Village Bakery Half’s rather average goody bag is usually enlivened by an item from the aforementioned sponsor. What’s not to like about getting a pack of crumpets or a bara brith? Better than a low quality T shirt any day.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by M62 Santa
Race organisers, yes tech tees are fantastic, but I have 78 of them. Long sleeve, hi viz, big logos,...