New to the running world!

1 watcher
Jul 2015
4:39pm, 21 Jul 2015
1,430 posts
  •  
RunningInCircles - Big Ones ;-)
Fetch speaks sense.
My first attempt at the Couch to 5k was scuppered buy trying to progress too fast. Second time around I stuck to the plan and got there.

It is learning to listen to your body that takes time. You may well be able to do more than the plan says, BUT you probably cannot guage that yet. It is conservative to ensure that you can achieve.

That said. Listen to lots of advice, weigh it and do what seems to make sense to you. :-)

Good luck.
Jul 2015
5:46pm, 21 Jul 2015
2,244 posts
  •  
TnoP
Welcome to Fetch! :)
The key is to keep enjoying it. When it becomes a chore then you will start to dread it but if you keep it interesting and don't do too much too soon, you will soon become addicted!

My recommendation is Parkrun. There is bound to be one near you, it's completely non-judgemental and there are loads of supportive people there every Saturday.
Jul 2015
7:00pm, 21 Jul 2015
9 posts
  •  
gooders_gold
Thanks for the welcome, fetch et al. Have been made to feel at home in the 3:15 target group some friendly folk on there. Been regularly running for two years now, loved every minute!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hello

I am new to the running world. I decided to take part in Mudnificent 7 which is taking plac...