New Features

58 watchers
um
Apr 2022
11:07am, 16 Apr 2022
5,973 posts
  •  
um
Looks like you're on a slippery downward slope Sigh! But shoud be good for a PB?

Gets ready for a series of mails on the elevation issues, watch vs garmin vs Fetch and the multiple options.
Apr 2022
12:56pm, 16 Apr 2022
42,087 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Sigh, take a look at the Garmin app or website settings. You might have "Elevation Correction" turned on. Fetch made a change a year or so ago to stop doing elevation correction by default and show how the device logged the elevation. Some people wanted to see the original elevation as recorded by the device.

Might not be that, but that's what it looks like. My watch used to do that too.

You can choose to use the "Elevation Correction" in Fetch, same as on other websites. It's in your fetcheveryone.com/user-settings-training.php User Settings - Training Options, called "Use Watch Elevation" which is ticked by default in FE. Untick and you'll get Fetch fixing it too! :-) G
Apr 2022
12:57pm, 16 Apr 2022
42,088 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Sigh Should have tagged you on my response. :-) G
Apr 2022
1:02pm, 16 Apr 2022
13,340 posts
  •  
Sigh
Thanks HappyG(rrr) ! So, I've checked and I have elevation corrections enabled on my FR245, and I have 'use watch elevation' ticked on Fetch - so I thought that meant they should be about the same? Am I missing something?
Apr 2022
1:06pm, 16 Apr 2022
42,092 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I didn't think Elevation Correction could be enabled on the watch? Only once it uploads into Garmin (GC app on watch or GC website). Because the correction involves using the heights on the map, and the watch doesn't hold a map, I don't think.

So a setting on the watch can only mean - "correct my watch's elevation on importing it to a website", would be my understanding. Either manually set it on Fetch, or turn it off on Garmin and they'll be the same! :-) G
Apr 2022
1:58pm, 16 Apr 2022
13,342 posts
  •  
Sigh
ok, that makes sense, thanks.

All my Garmins to date have all been set with 'use elevation correction', so as a data set that's a consistent (?) record. I'll turn it off on Fetch and see what happens :-)
Apr 2022
9:42am, 17 Apr 2022
13,347 posts
  •  
Sigh
Having turned off "use watch elevation" on Fetch, my Garmin and Fetch elevation are now more or less aligned; which is counterintuitive to me, but if it works, that's all that matters! Thanks HappyG(rrr) !

Apr 2022
6:45pm, 17 Apr 2022
42,098 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Where's the thumbs šŸ‘ up icon? :-) G
May 2022
5:00pm, 26 May 2022
42,422 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Yay! I think this is a fabby new feature

Feature Request 895
Submitted by HappyG(rrr)

THIS FEATURE IS NOW CLOSED
Share the training entry - enhancement. You've got the pic that goes to twotter and Farcebook, but can we just generate same for posting in Fetch? And option to include location map, not blacked out. Fanks! Or any other sharing form in Fetch. :-)
Serendippily says:
I really wanted to add some photos and a comment when I shared the graphic so Iā€™m voting yes. It is a fab graphic btw
Maclennane says:
I'm trying to wean my club mates off strava but they share their training activity, with map, from there
Fetch Says
When you hit the 'share' button on any given training entry, there's a square-brackets code that you can use in any forum or blog post. And the map is included in the snazzy new infographic IF you've set up your permissions to allow it.
May 2022
5:01pm, 26 May 2022
42,423 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
How does this look - new feature 895

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
Just a thread to say thanks for features that Fetch has brought into being!

fetcheveryone.com/featurevoting