Medium or long run ?
5:48pm, 15 Feb 2013
under 2hrs medium
Over 2.20 long
The bit in the middle is medium if I haven't reached 20 miles and long if I have
8:28pm, 15 Feb 2013
Phil70I usually draw the line at 10 miles. A track athlete would place it a bit earlier; i.e. middle or long distance race.
9:38pm, 15 Feb 2013
DeeGeeI've just come back from a ten with a mate. He's running a marathon in ten days time, so I finished today with "That's your long run done for this week". Normally my long starts at 16, although if I'm doing a big week, I could do a medium long run at 16 in the midweek.
It's all to do with perspective.
About This Thread
- Amount of salt to put in some water for a long run
- Long Runs
- Long Run Fuelling
- The long run, run/walk strategy
- Myth of the 20-mile long run
- The 30% rule: Long run milage vs weekly milage
- Marathon training Long Runs - Why so shattering?
- Marathon Training - Long Run - Only every second week
- Half Marathon long run pace
- Is it normal to have blue lips after a long run?
The Doctor K Cup
This year sees the fifth edition of our annual challenge in memory of the Fetchies who have sadly passed away. It's named after Doctor K, who died of pancreatic cancer in 2017
Are you doing the right training?
See typical mileage, pace and long run stats for every distance and goal. See a comparison with your own training.
Heart Rate Analysis
See your heart rate training data from the last 12 months broken down in technicolour.
Flat as a pancake?
We've collected thousands of your reviews from events, and worked out which races give you the best chance of a fast time!