Manky toenail question

0 watcher
Jun 2011
8:55pm, 1 Jun 2011
4,911 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Runner Duck, that does sound sore! Hope you can get it sorted by maybe trying other shoes.

Funnily enough, after my first marathon last year, both big toenails were completely bashed. This year, I ran in shoes with a more narrow fit (I do have wide feet!), and only one of them really suffered.

Janey, I haven't run yet, but it's feeling much better today, so I'm planning to run this weekend. It had been throbbing quite a lot for a day or two, but is much better now - phew. As Footpad, says, I've now got a nice hole to show off - now that the toe isn't that sore anymore, I can hardly believe I voluntarily put a red-hot paperclip through it! :-o
Jun 2011
10:49pm, 1 Jun 2011
4,624 posts
  •  
runner duck
thanks rooa and sa. i think it might be too much room rather than too little - there's loads of room in front of the toes. i think my feet are a quite narrow. which shoes did you go for for a narrow fit, sa?

glad yours is better, sa (well, apart from the hole!!)
Jun 2011
10:54pm, 1 Jun 2011
4,913 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
I've just started wearing Adidas Supernova Sequence 3. I don't think they're in itself a narrow fit though, just for my wide feet.
Jun 2011
11:36pm, 1 Jun 2011
4,625 posts
  •  
runner duck
ah, good point. i was wondering whether to go back to nike vomeros. they are what i wore when i first started running and i moved up to running half marathons fairly quickly and didn't have this problem. i've found some cheap so i might go for it and see.
Jun 2011
1:09am, 2 Jun 2011
15 posts
  •  
andrewmasca
can tight fitting socks have something to do with it as well? only asking as had same after edinburgh, and my trainers have plenty of room in them so dont think is that, anyways just ripped it off (sick of constantly doing the paperclip), killed like hell but all ok few days later
Jun 2011
1:22am, 2 Jun 2011
877 posts
  •  
HappyTimes
Spicey I think "generally speaking" adidas are on the small/narrow side as a range. I def need to go up a half size from other trainers and even then lace them differently to give extra room.
Jun 2011
8:35am, 2 Jun 2011
4,914 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
HT, these are half a size up from my usual trainers as well. They did squish the top of one of my feet, so have now taken to lace them differently, too.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by SpicedApple
*Warning: I'm not going to post any pictures, but even words can be yucky!*

Since last Sunday's...