Numb big toe advice sought

0 watcher
Aug 2016
2:42pm, 30 Aug 2016
384 posts
  •  
pedro
I hold my hand up to neglecting my stretching and as a result I am prone to tight hamstrings. When I run high mileage this can occasionally lead to a strain in the right lower back/glute area. I have had this on three or four occasions previously and after two or three weeks rest I am usually back to normal. Two weeks ago I had two hard days running in the Lake District with lots of ascent/descent. The next day I spent a couple of hours digging (right leg) and the day after the right glute strained but I could also feel soreness in the right hamstring. After a week the strain started clearing up but then I noticed numbness in the right big toe. I have tried a gentle jog since and although the glute/hamstring muscles feel okay now its noticeable the right leg has some numbness. I only feel it in the right big toe unless jogging. I thought it could be Piriformis but I have seen a Chiropractor I've used in the past and he thinks the tight glute/hamstring are pulling another muscle (forgot the name) below the outside of the right knee. When he pointed it out. You have to get your fingers right inside to feel, I felt it was sore. I am currently doing lots of strectching and massaging the muscle. Has anyone had any experience or got any opinion? Thank you.
Aug 2016
3:05pm, 30 Aug 2016
6,838 posts
  •  
lammo
No experience i'm afraid, maybe a pinched or trapped nerve?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
I hold my hand up to neglecting my stretching and as a result I am prone to tight hamstrings. When I...