Manky toenail question

0 watcher
May 2011
6:45pm, 29 May 2011
4,887 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Haha, Lauchy. I don't want to get defriended by everybody.
May 2011
6:45pm, 29 May 2011
34,444 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Lauchy, you is SICK man!
May 2011
6:47pm, 29 May 2011
638 posts
  •  
Lauchy
I dont think anything can be worse than the video posted.
May 2011
6:49pm, 29 May 2011
4,888 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Well, the video is of two anonymous people. The toenail in question is mine...
May 2011
6:50pm, 29 May 2011
639 posts
  •  
Lauchy
I posted a picture of my toe today: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/gallery-showphoto.php?filename=42650_48968.jpg&ref=gallery
May 2011
7:09pm, 29 May 2011
4,889 posts
  •  
SpicedApple
Manky toenail fail: tried it. Paperclip went through nice and easily - and a tiny bit too far. No blood or any other liquid came out - instead, it now hurts where the paperclip burnt the skin underneath the toenail, too. Ouch...
Jun 2011
1:18pm, 1 Jun 2011
818 posts
  •  
JaneyM
How is your toenail now? That last post sounds very sore? Are you running on it? :(
Jun 2011
5:19pm, 1 Jun 2011
4,616 posts
  •  
runner duck
that does look sore, sa! hope it's better.

i too have sore toe/nails. both feet, the toe next to the big toe (and longer than the big toe). it's long term damage so there's lots of excess skin stuff underneath the toenail and the toenail is often blackish depending on mileage.

but i did a half on sunday and they are really tender - on the top of the toe below the nail (presumably where the nail bed is) is red and swollen.

i've had it plenty of times before and it goes away but i'm about to start marathon training and would like to avoid it. could it be due to the fit of my running shoes? is the toe box too big? i do sometime feel that my toes are clattering about as i run.

any advice/help would be welcome.

and apologies for being so long-winded!
Jun 2011
5:26pm, 1 Jun 2011
16,805 posts
  •  
RooA
My toes have been a lot better since I bought bigger running shoes. Just sayin.
Jun 2011
5:41pm, 1 Jun 2011
4,907 posts
  •  
Footpad
Agree with PH loved doing this in A&E. Used to get big builder types in with really bashed fingers. Made sure they were lying down as they usually fell over as the paperclip came near them. It makes a very satisfying 'squeak' as it burns through.

Not sure how a local would get under the nail. PH can you imagine infiltrating some lignocain up under a nail.... now that would be torture!

SA sounds like your nail damage was too old and there was a collection of old blood under the nail. Oh well you get a nice hole in the nail to show off now once it has healed a bit. Keep it covered and clean.

About This Thread

Maintained by SpicedApple
*Warning: I'm not going to post any pictures, but even words can be yucky!*

Since last Sunday's...