Manchester HALF Marathon Oct 2016

8 watchers
Sep 2016
6:25pm, 27 Sep 2016
9,470 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Got our numbers - we don't plan on using the bag drop. Top layers will be bin bags!
Sep 2016
11:26pm, 27 Sep 2016
3,520 posts
  •  
Nelly
Has anybody else had a look at the race booklet yet? Downloadable from manchesterhalfmarathon.com

I like some of the changes they've made:-
- making the cricket ground into an athlete only village, ie excluding supporters
- when this is combined with moving the meeting point away from the finish area, hopefully it will be less of a scrum at the exit from the finish line
- providing a free photo each
- giving clear instructions how to get to the car parks, and highlighting to not use sat nav (due to road closure for the race)

And am yet to be convinced by the new baggage system of issuing wristbands, although I suspect they've moved the store (back) to a dedicated tent.
Sep 2016
9:02pm, 28 Sep 2016
9,481 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I like High5 gels :) Don't think I've ever been offered a brand I have actually used before!
Are we having a Fetchie meeting point somewhere??
Oct 2016
12:02pm, 9 Oct 2016
2,388 posts
  •  
Ninky Nonk
Well there is a lot of no parking signs up on the course.

Two nice Sundays weather wise - it can't carry on can it....
Oct 2016
12:11pm, 9 Oct 2016
9,521 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
:) So hoping it does!! Taking myself for an amble this afternoon - not much running this coming week, really hoping the glute/hamstring will magically clear up - it's better, but not 100% :(
Oct 2016
2:33pm, 9 Oct 2016
3,561 posts
  •  
Nelly
I see that given you didn't make a wrong turn this time you nicked my strava segment CR this morning NN ;-) Although it was never going to last past next Sunday anyway.

If it anything it felt a little warm for my liking this morning, as I stood watching junior football in the sunshine.

I'll have a think about the bast place for a Fetchie meeting point AL.

Entries close at 9am tomorrow if anyone is interested but hasn't entered yet.
Oct 2016
3:06pm, 9 Oct 2016
2,390 posts
  •  
Ninky Nonk
If it's any consolation I haven't got the cr anymore either!
Oct 2016
5:55pm, 11 Oct 2016
2,392 posts
  •  
Ninky Nonk
Has anyone got a feel for how many people are running on Sunday?
Oct 2016
6:09pm, 11 Oct 2016
13,111 posts
  •  
jennywren
I'll be marshalling on Seymour Grove, on the corner of Lime Grove. I shall look out for any of you that I know and anyone Fetched up :-) Good luck everybody.
Oct 2016
6:28pm, 11 Oct 2016
3,566 posts
  •  
Nelly
Interesting question NN. I've not seen anything from the organisers, other than a few Tweets/Facebook responses of "up to 11,000" or similarly vague.

Even as a well known supporter of Manchester Marathon, after the short courses were announced in April and the baggage issues this year, I'd be amazed if it was anywhere near that amount. The Half marathon has 5.4k "likes" on Facebook and less than 1k "followers" on Twitter, compared to 16.4k / 11.6k for the marathon respectively, so I can't see it being more than the 10k finishers in the marathon this year.

Personally I'd prefer it to be in the 4-5k region; big enough to test the promised improved systems properly, but not too big.

Jen, I'll try and look out for you and give you an extra special "thank you" shout.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nelly

Date: Sunday 16th October '16 (i.e. NOT the Great Run version in May '17)

Tracker: m.racetecresults.com

Race Booklet: manchesterhalfmarathon.com

Offers Booklet (instead of flyers in the "goody bag"): manchesterhalfmarathon.com

Entries: riderhq.com Close Mon 10th at 9am

Route: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/routes-view.php?id=1750351

Fetch Race Listing: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewracedetails.php?id=751501

TV highlights: 29th Oct, Channel 4, 7am