Manchester HALF Marathon Oct 2016

8 watchers
Sep 2016
2:39pm, 2 Sep 2016
3,469 posts
  •  
Nelly
I think the organisers need to rethink their description of this race... whilst the marathon may be "fast and flat", according to the official measurement certificate facebook.com the half is net downhill with an average elevation change of -0.05m/km :-)
Sep 2016
3:07pm, 23 Sep 2016
2,375 posts
  •  
Ninky Nonk
Not long now...
Sep 2016
3:48pm, 23 Sep 2016
9,441 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I'm looking forward to this now - the Wirral Half re-awakened my liking for the distance and I'm hopeful of a PB if I can stay niggle free....
Sep 2016
4:37pm, 23 Sep 2016
3,502 posts
  •  
Nelly
Having not raced a Half properly this year, I'm also looking forward to it; just the small matter of Sunday's marathon to get out the way first!

Now the race is officially sponsored by Aldi, I'm wondering whether we'll get a tin of 5p baked beans in the goody bag ;-)
Sep 2016
4:54pm, 23 Sep 2016
6,898 posts
  •  
becca7
It will be interesting for me to return to one of my University cities, having only been there fleetingly en route to somewhere else. However it's the week after Chicago Marathon so won't be a fast one. Good luck at Robin Hood, Nelly. luck
Sep 2016
6:48pm, 23 Sep 2016
2,377 posts
  •  
Ninky Nonk
I did chuckle at the sponsor.

The hefty brit prize pot seems to have sparked a lot of interest. Should result in a strong showing at the front of the race.
Sep 2016
2:38pm, 26 Sep 2016
3,513 posts
  •  
Nelly
According to a response to a query on Facebook, we should be receiving our race numbers by the end of this week.

I saw you were taking advantage of your proximity NN by running part of the route during your long run on Saturday morning :-)
Sep 2016
3:46pm, 26 Sep 2016
2,381 posts
  •  
Ninky Nonk
Except I went the wrong way! Made a change from the canal.

The only bit I don't really know is in first couple of miles.
Sep 2016
4:59pm, 27 Sep 2016
3,519 posts
  •  
Nelly
From social media, it looks like race numbers have started to arrive through the post...

And it appears that in their wisdom Xtramile have decided to re-introduce the requirement for everybody using the baggage store to use a supplied plastic bag. After the use of the same bags back fired at the 2012 marathon and the baggage issues again this year I just can't understand the logic of making it difficult to distinguish between the bags :-(

Given the baggage issues at the marathon this year, I was already considering whether to use the store next month, but I think this has probably made up my mind to avoid it this time.
Sep 2016
5:26pm, 27 Sep 2016
2,382 posts
  •  
Ninky Nonk
Apparently my number arrived today.

I won't be using baggage if I can avoid it. If I do put anything in there it'll be stuff I'm not that bothered about getting back.

About This Thread

Maintained by Nelly

Date: Sunday 16th October '16 (i.e. NOT the Great Run version in May '17)

Tracker: m.racetecresults.com

Race Booklet: manchesterhalfmarathon.com

Offers Booklet (instead of flyers in the "goody bag"): manchesterhalfmarathon.com

Entries: riderhq.com Close Mon 10th at 9am

Route: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/routes-view.php?id=1750351

Fetch Race Listing: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewracedetails.php?id=751501

TV highlights: 29th Oct, Channel 4, 7am