Losing Fat

4 watchers
Jun 2013
4:29pm, 2 Jun 2013
14,392 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I'm what is generally considered to be an acceptable weight - between 11st10 and 12st4 at 6ft tall. However, following a swimming session with the boy this week it has become apparent that I am still a little soft around the edges. Certainly it wouldn't hurt my times if I could shift the last vestiges of my previous life.

I don't need to lose a huge amount more weight, though, but wouldn't mind looking a bit more athletic. I realise there aren't any quick fixes, but what are the most important rules to follow if I want to lose fat? Am I really going to have to do resistance work?
Jun 2013
4:54pm, 2 Jun 2013
4,033 posts
  •  
Sharkie
To look more athletic yes.

To lose fat no.

Eat less.
Jun 2013
4:56pm, 2 Jun 2013
7,094 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
Join in the "weight loss for performance" thread.
And leave the pies alone
Jun 2013
4:58pm, 2 Jun 2013
1,856 posts
  •  
Curly45
For me the main things were getting lighter and running slowly without fueling, then core work for the last bit.

I have very low body fat and look a bit bony in places (chest and wrists for example) for my weight so I do think some of it is disposition to weight type and where it goes.

I'd love to shift some muscle but as Sharkie says you cant control what happens where really. All you can control is the number!
Jun 2013
5:06pm, 2 Jun 2013
3,570 posts
  •  
Vancouver Jogger
Skimmed an interesting article in RW this week - will go back and read it properly at some point, but seemed to be giving different approaches to reducing fat depending on where it is stored

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by DeeGee
I'm what is generally considered to be an acceptable weight - between 11st10 and 12st4 at 6ft tall....